Adobe connect Add-in crashes / freezes on Windows 8.1
Adobe connect add-in freezes on Windows 8.1 machine while meeting is running.
It freezes / crashes during the meeting usually around 20 minutes of screen sharing or camera sharing. Sometimes, the issue occurs randomly as well.
This is a know issue and it has been documented in our bug tracking system. It is targeted to be fixed in the upcoming version.
We can configure Adobe connect add-in to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Follow the steps mentioned below:
• Go to the below location on your computer:
• If you are unable to find this location, open a meeting room which should launch Adobe connect add-in;
• Open windows task manager and select Adobeconnectaddin.exe from the list of processes running on the machine;
• Right click and choose open location;
• This shall take you to the location where Adobeconnectaddin.exe (Adobe connect’s add-in) is installed;
• This file shall be present at “C:\Users\<userprofilefolder>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin”;
• Right click on Adobeconnectaddin.exe and choose properties;
• Switch to Compatibility;
• Select the compatibility mode, click Apply, OK as shown below;
• Close the existing instances of Adobe connect add-in;
• Once the previous instances have been closed, Adobe connect add-in should start getting executed in Compatibility mode;
The above mentioned steps should fix this problem.