Cannot view locally published Captivate project with HTML5 data in Adobe connect
Problem Statement: When we publish captivate project with HTML5 data locally and upload it to content library in Adobe Connect, it gets stuck on spinning wheel while viewing.
- Adobe Connect Hosted/ On-Premise
- Adobe Captivate version: 9, 9.5 and above
Reason For the Behaviour:
- When we use Publish>Publish to Computer option, it does not include metadata initially and we have to select it manually from Preferences>Publish Settings.
- Open *.cptx file in Adobe Captivate 9 from File>open.
- Click Edit>Preferences.
- From Category>Click Publish Setting under Project>Select “Publish Adobe Connect metadata”>Click Ok.
- Now Go Back to Publish>Publish to computer.
- Select “Zip Files”>Select Output Format as HTML5.
- Select Location where to publish.
- Upload the Zip to the content library in Adobe Connect.
- Once it gets uploaded click “URL For Viewing”.
- Eventually you can see the Captivate Project working.
- If the issue still occurs please get in touch with Adobe Connect tecnical support: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/connect-chat-support.html