Two exciting features in Creative Cloud you don’t want to miss!
Recently, Adobe rolled out exciting new collaboration-related features in Creative Cloud. Here’s a summary:
Greater control while adding collaborators
Now, when adding collaborators to a library or shared folder, you can set different permissions for individual collaborators. Editors can edit and use the content within a shared folder/library while Viewers can view and use the assets. For both Editors and Viewers, the content is available for use in desktop and mobile apps.
Can Edit: Collaborators can edit, rename, move, and delete the contents of the library or shared folder.
Can View: Collaborators can view, use, and comment on the contents of the library or shared folder.
Some useful considerations:
- Collaborators having Edit-level permissions can change the permissions for other collaborators. Collaborators with View-only permissions can see who the owner and collaborators for the library are, but they can’t make any changes to their collaboration permissions.
- Collaborators with Edit-level permissions can extend the invitation to anyone who was not originally invited to the collaboration. Collaborators with View-level permissions cannot do so.
- Aside from the Owner, only collaborators with Edit-level permissions can remove other collaborators. Collaborators with View-level permissions cannot do so.
- Collaborators—either with Edit-level permissions or View-level permissions—have the option to leave a collaboration at any time.
Share to Slack
You can now share your Creative Cloud files, folders, libraries, and assets to Slack, the popular cloud-based team communication tool. Sharing your content to Slack requires that a public link to it be created beforehand.
Follow these steps:
- On the Creative Cloud Assets website, select the Share To Slack option for the content you want to share.
- In the Share To Slack dialog, click Create Public Link.
- On the screen that follows, click Authorize Slack.
- On the Slack sign in page, enter your team’s Slack domain.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.