Today Adobe announced the free public beta of Photoshop Lightroom 4, the digital photography workflow solution for both professional and amateur photographers. Available for Windows and Mac as a free download from Adobe Labs, the Lightroom 4 beta previews new workflow efficiencies, and features for image processing and management.
New features in Lightroom 4 beta include:
- Refined technology for shadow and highlight processing
- Native support for videos shot on DSLRs, point-and-shoot cameras and smartphones
- The ability to create beautiful photo books from within Lightroom
- An intuitive Map module with tagging controls for assigning locations
- Soft proofing in the Develop module
- Direct emailing of images from Lightroom
We encourage photographers to try the beta release and share feedback; there are a few avenues to do this:
- Submit comments at the community-powered feedback site: http://feedback.photoshop.com
- Connect with the Lightroom team directly: Facebook (www.facebook.com/lightroom); Twitter (www.twitter.com/lightroom); The Adobe Lightroom blog (http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal)
We’re really pleased with the new capabilities and expect that you will be, too. We look forward to your thoughts and comments!