Today the Adobe Digital Marketing Summit took over Battersea Park in London. With nearly 2,000 attendees, Summit 2012 is nearly twice the size of last year!
Adobe SVP and GM of the Digital Marketing business unit, Brad Rencher, opened the conference and introduced the theme of the Digital Self. Digital marketing today is about an endless series of realtime right nows. Do the signals you are reading, the patterns you are mapping and the content you are creating matter and match to the individuals you are trying to reach right now? As we focus on the details that make up the digital self, we are able to connect with consumers in real-time and in personalised ways. We have been talking about the digital self in great depth today and will continue to do so tomorrow, so stay tuned for more throughout the conference.
It’s been great first day with lots of exciting announcements:
For starters, we released the latest in our series of Adobe Digital Index reports on the digital marketing industry. The Digital Index is designed to provide marketing, e-commerce, and retail executives with critical, data-driven insights. The latest report examines how global website traffic and engagement differ when the visitor is on a tablet, smartphone or PC. The report had several key findings, including the following:
- Web traffic from tablets has grown 10 times faster than smartphones over the initial two years of availability
- In the last year, tablet traffic has grown over 300 percent
- Tablets need to be considered a unique and distinct category in mobile and therefore optimised accordingly
- The report predicts that tablet devices will generate more web traffic than smartphones by early 2013 and that consumers find browsing websites on tablets nearly as engaging as on PCs.
We were also delighted to launched the European edition of CMO.com. CMO.com has been the marketing leader’s one-stop web destination for digital marketing insight and news for almost three years. This popular marketing resource is now edited specifically for EMEA readers, offering news, thought leadership, and articles that are of particular interest to the global marketing leader.
In addition we made a number of product-related announcements, including:
- Adobe Delivers Web Experience Management in the Cloud
- Adobe Announces Commerce Capabilities for Web Experience Management
- Adobe CQ Offers New Social Communities Capabilities
- Adobe Announces Privacy Solution for Digital Advertisers and Publishers
- Adobe Offers Digital Analytics Package to Help Marketers Act on Big Data
Arianna Huffington, one of TIME Magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world, delivered the afternoon keynote – the perfect way to wrap up the day! We were all inspired by her insightful talk and message about making sure we find time to disconnect in our increasingly-connected world.
You can check out some of today’s photos on the Adobe Digital Marketing Facebook page. Don’t forget to tag yourself!
Stay tuned for more Summit news tomorrow!