It is truly conference season. With barely a week behind us since Net Impact, we are looking forward to the 2013 BSR Conference that kicking off in San Francisco on November 5. This year’s conference will look at how to harness the power of networks of all kinds –from social to business to multi-stakeholder– to ensure a sustainable future, a big topic to take on in four days.
I’m excited to start off this year’s conference with the opening night cocktail reception, hosted by Adobe. The theme of the night is “How Creativity Can Change the World.” Join @Adobe and me (@MichelleAYates) on Twitter with the hashtag #BSR13 throughout the event – we’re planning something special that you won’t want to miss!
With more than 100 speakers at the conference, conversations around networking and CSR are guaranteed to be varied and insightful. Here are three sessions I’m particularly interested to attend:
- When: Wednesday, November 6, 10:45 – 11:45 a.m.
- Why I’m attending: Not only is Jack Berk, CEO of Participant Media, a great speaker, he is a fellow creativity enabler. His global entertainment company focuses on content for the big, small and mobile screens that address social campaigns and inspire social change. This aligns closely with our Creative Confidence mission through the AYV program and I’m interested to hear about he encourages creativity at his company every day.
- When: Thursday, November 7, 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Why I’m attending: This is a two hour, hands-on session focused on bringing creativity into data visualization, something we are very familiar with at Adobe. The session will be a great opportunity to brainstorm with fellow attendees on how to engage audiences while sharing updates on sustainability goals.
- When: Friday, November 8, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Why I’m attending: Sustainability reports are a big lift – we’re speaking from experience having just completed a five year data update ourselves—but they rarely reach their intended audience: our customers. Social media is no longer a new form of communication, but it does still offer new methods of interactions and increased transparency. I look forward to talking about how to bring reporting to the social level.
If you are not planning on attending make sure to follow the conversation online with the hashtag #BSR13. I’ll be tweeting during the four days as well from @MichelleAYates.