Adobe Youth Voices (AYV) came to life in 2006 with a powerful vision: to empower students to develop digital media-making skills and drive change in their communities. AYV has developed into a global movement with about 250,000 youth from 60 countries participating since its inception.
This yearâ€™s awards received a record 1,575 projects, attracting young creatives who channel their art, film and music into pieces championing social advocacy.
The AYV Awards Details
Winners are chosen in five different categories: animation, documentary, narrative, visual composition and social venture, a new category that showcases videos from youth pitching ideas on ways to address critical social issues.
A diverse panel of judges â€“ including creative industry leaders, AYV educators, student alumni and Adobe representatives â€“ select first and second place winners. The public then determines an Audience Award winner in each category by voting for their favorite projects online.
This year, we selected the 15 winning projects from a pool of 53 finalists and garnered a record 318,738 votes for the Audience Awards.Â Weâ€™re amazed by all of the powerful work from this extraordinary group and are excitedÂ to share the winners with you.
Congratulations to the AYV Award Winners for 2015!
- 1st Place: Meter X MeterÂ â€“ Abdullah Sharrw, Hiba Nabulsi, Tala Maragha, Mohammad Hawwari and Ghazal Abu Nemeh (Jordan)
- 2nd Place:Â The Question Is (A Collaboration)Â Â â€“ Sariena Luy, Ye Ju Kim, Amina Mohamednur, Julia Takatsuka and Jamal James (USA)
- Audience Award:Â iControlÂ â€“ Tess Denham (USA)
- 1st Place:Â Making Light in TbilisiÂ â€“Â Nilo Batle (USA)
- 2nd Place:Â Better Than BaghdadÂ â€“ Connor Kyle and Reid Hildebrand (USA)
- Audience Award:Â Giants LandÂ â€“ Ignacio Fernandez Quiros and Ismael Mora (Costa Rica)
- 1st Place:Â AmazingÂ â€“ Cecilia Martinez (USA)
- 2nd Place:Â Outside the BoxÂ â€“ Nikolay Bakushkin (Russia)
- Audience Award:Â My CambodiaÂ â€“ Kevin Ng and Chung Ziewei (Singapore)
- 1st Place:Â HumanÂ â€“ Mohammad Hawari (Jordan)
- 2nd Place:Â Representation MattersÂ â€“ Valerie Kao (USA)
- Audience Award:Â Boundless ImaginationÂ â€“ Darren Huang (USA)
- 1st Place:Â Green GoalÂ â€“ Mayelly Guzman (Peru)
- 2nd Place:Â Club H2O missionÂ â€“ Kevin Kassel (USA)
- Audience Award:Â Garb-ageÂ â€“ Gopal K, Revathi S, Giridher S, Priyan D C, Samuel A and Dilip Kumar V (India)
About Adobe Youth Voices
Adobe Youth Voices (AYV) is the Adobe Foundationâ€™s global initiative to ignite Creative Confidence in youth by using digital media to express their views on social issues. Through programs like AYV, and by increasing creativity in education, Adobe believes we will better equip young people to be the problem solvers, critical thinkers and leaders of tomorrow. To learn more about AYV, its point of view on creativity in education and how you can be involved, please visitÂ http://youthvoices.adobe.com/.
About the Adobe Foundation
The Adobe Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created and funded by Adobe Systems Incorporated to leverage human, technological and financial resources to drive social change and community improvements.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
Patricia Cogley is program manager, Adobe Youth Voices.