This week, the Adobe video team is at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC), the largest industry
show for broadcasters and media professionals. The show features more than 1,300 companies that come every year to demonstrate the latest innovations in electronic media and entertainment.
Adobe is showcasing innovative new video technologies that are driving the shift to Adobe video solutions across broadcast ad media industries.
Here are the highlights – straight from the show floor:
Adobe Introduces Adobe Anywhere — New Collaborative Video Platform
- Adobe Anywhere for video is a powerful collaborative workflow platform that empowers teams using Adobe’s professional video tools including Adobe Premiere Pro, to work together across virtually any network, using shared media. To learn more about the reveal of Adobe Anywhere please visit http://www.adobe.com/go/anywhere.
Adobe Gains Rapid Customer Adoption with Leading Broadcasters and Media Organizations
- Adobe is seeing strong momentum for Creative Suite Production Premium adoption across the media industry as broadcasters and global news agencies continue to shift to Premiere Pro CS6. We are proud to power the news rooms of top media organizations in the U.S. and Europe including the Associated Press, Bloomberg, CNN, Grundy UFA and Hearst Television — all of which now use Production Premium as a foundational component of their production workflow.
Adobe Broadens its Ecosystem of Broadcast Partners
- Adobe has expanded its ecosystem of broadcast solution partners and is now working with more than 200 companies to ensure superior, integrated workflows with Creative Suite Production Premium. New partners with an emphasis on media asset management, storage and search include: arvato Systems, Axle Video, Cantemo, Chyron, Dalet, deltatre, Filmpartners, FlavourSys, EVS, Miranda a Belden brand, Nexidia, Pond5, Primestream, PROMISE Technology, Studio Network Solutions (SNS), Sienna, Softron, Square Box Systems and Vizrt.
- Adobe announced a new promotional offer for individuals and organizations that use alternative nonlinear editing solutions such as Apple® Final Cut Pro or Avid® Media Composer and want to switch to Creative Suite® CS6 Production Premium. Qualified purchasers are eligible for 30 percent off Production Premium or 40 percent off annual membership to Adobe Creative Cloud.* More information is here: www.adobe.com/go/premiere_switch.
If you’re at the show this year, Adobe will be demonstrating its entire content creation to delivery video workflow at IBC 2012, at our booth in Hall 7, Stand 7.G27, in the RAI Convention Center, Sept. 7-11 in Amsterdam.
This week the Adobe video solutions team is over in Amsterdam at IBC, Europe’s largest show for broadcasters. We announced new video delivery solutions and we’re highlighting our recent momentum that enables media professionals to create, deliver, and monetize premium video more efficiently and across more platforms and devices. Adobe is committed to helping our customers and partners streamline their entire creation to delivery video workflows for any screen and ultimately – help them find new ways to monetize content.
The team is showcasing new products, customer wins and initiatives this week, here are what I see as the highlights:
New Releases of Flash Media Server and Flash Access to Stream and Protect Content for Virtually Any Device
- On the delivery side, Adobe continues to innovate on new, streamlined workflows for businesses to stream and protect premium content to an array of devices, including iPhones, iPads and Android devices. Adobe is announcing that Flash Media Server 4.5 can now deliver Flash technology to Apple iPhone and iPad devices. Additionally Flash Access 3.0 takes its robust content protection solution to Android, the first of many mobile platforms.
Rapid Customer and Partner Adoption of Adobe Pass Content Authentication
- Adobe Pass is a leading authentication solution that enables media companies to verify a user’s entitlement to content online based on their pay TV subscription package. We’re pleased that Adobe Pass now supports the top US pay TV providers – approximately 90 percent of all US pay TV households – and is being quickly adopted by TV programmers and media companies like Fox and CNN.
Acquisition of IRIDAS Color-grading Technology
- Enhanced color-grading is a top requested feature by our Production Premium customers and in continuing our commitment to the professional video space, Adobe has announced the acquisition of IRIDAS and its flagship product SpeedGrade, a toolset for Stereo 3D, RAW processing, color grading and finishing of digital content. With the addition of IRIDAS, Production Premium is expected to gain a comprehensive set of tools so video editors can manipulate color and light for any type of content, including professional film and television.
Strong Momentum with CS5.5 Production Premium –
- Groundbreaking features and performance in CS5.5 caused demand to surge for our professional video creation tools, growing 22 percent year-over-year, with 45 percent growth on the Mac, in part fueled by the large number of Apple Final Cut Pro customers switching to Adobe Premiere Pro and taking advantage of our Switcher offer.
- Leading U.K. broadcaster ITV has selected Adobe Story, Production Premium’s collaborative script development tool, to manage pre-production of over 500 episodes per year of the popular programs Coronation Street and Emmerdale. *link to ITV release
- A strategic alliance between Adobe and the University of Salford in England will bring Adobe Creative Suite CS5.5 Production Premium to all of Salford’s 39 new media and TV courses as part of MediaCityUK, an initiative to grow a new media hub for content creation in the northwest of England.
If you’re at the show – Adobe will be demonstrating our entire content creation to delivery video workflow at IBC 2011 at our booth in Hall 7, Stand 7.G27 in the RAI Convention Center, Sept. 9-13 in Amsterdam.
Adobe recently announced Adobe Flash Access 2.0, a key component of the Adobe Flash Platform.
Previously known as Adobe Flash Media Rights Management Server, Flash Access can protect content that will play back securely on an upcoming version of Adobe Flash Player software – the cross-operating system browser plug-in that is available on more than 98 percent of Internet-connected desktops worldwide. Scheduled to ship early next year – Flash Access will support a wide range of business models, including electronic sell-through, rental and video on-demand, for streaming or download.
Read more on the Adobe Flash Access page, or check out the Flash Access 2.0 white paper.