Stock Content Call: Welcoming Autumn
Adobe Stock customers are getting ready to transition into autumn – from comforting dishes and family gatherings to fresh countryside. We encourage you to upload your seasonal content to the Contributor Portal and are here to guide you what customers are looking for.
Image source: Adobe Stock / anujakjaimook
- Outdoor activities like hikes and road trips across peaceful foliage scenes.
- Farm to table, farmers markets and mixed ethnicity farmers in different locations.
- Fall produce like apples, pumpkins, mushrooms, berries, and Romanesco.
Top travel destinations
These destinations are among the most popular ones to travel in autumn, for scenery, food, festivals, and culture:
- Scottish Highlands
- Hokkaido, Japan
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Berlin, Germany
- Guadalajara, Mexico
- Nova Scotia, Canada
- Hong Kong
- Kenya in September
- New Zealand
Image source: Adobe Stock / Rechitan Sorin
Indoor autumn feasts
- Detailed shots of foods, food preparations and left-overs.
- Cozy dining tables, design inspiration and decorating ideas.
- Pubs and fireplace gatherings
- Family, friends, or just couples of all ages
Image source: Adobe Stock / Rawpixel.com
Important dates in autumn
September to November is the time to join in festivities around the world. A look into families gathering at home or masses celebrating in the streets through the eyes of a creative like yourself can broaden the perception of customers from various cultures. Make sure to highlight different locations, generations, and ethnicities in your work.
- Oktoberfest – parades, concerts, contests, beer by traditional breweries, schnapps and wine, and of course genuine Bavarian foods like roast chicken, weisswurst, pretzel, kaesespaetzle, and the list goes on.
- Diwali, the Festival of Lights – candles, clay lamps, and oil lanterns lit and placed throughout the home, in the streets, in areas of worship, and floated on lakes and rivers. Sweets like Rabdi, Gujiya and mithai and Rangoli on the ground, designs made of coloured rice, sand, or flowers.
- Halloween – costumes, parties, night-in watching a scary movie, pumpkin carving, DIY Halloween crafts, baked goods and sweets, trick-or-treating and parades.
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month – illustrate stories, support groups, fundraising, communities, and the power of wearing pink.
Image source: Adobe Stock / Rawpixel.com
Back to school
- Students of all ages.
- School supplies like markers and binders, accessories like backpacks and lunchboxes, and electronics like laptops and calculators.
- Parents who are dropping off and picking up their kids, and students who are walking to school with friends.
- School interiors like hallways, gym, recess area, cafeteria, class rooms, and playgrounds.
- Arts and crafts, science labs, sports clubs.
Image source: Adobe Stock / miriristic
- Vests, turtlenecks, flannels, light coats, scarves, hats, activewear and rain boots.
- Materials like knits, corduroy and tweed.
- Warm contrasts of brown, maroon, deep orange and jewel tones.
- Fashionable men, trans and non binary people of all ages are always a much-needed addition to our collection.
- Casting should reflect positive representations of body, age, race, culture, gender, and physical abilities.
- Capture a mix of documentary environmental portraits and static portrait shots, including shots of people looking at the camera and people not making eye contact.
- Shoot several variations of the same setup, changing up perspectives to provide a variety of options from a single shoot.
- Keep copy space in mind and leave plenty of room for buyers to crop.
- Shoot an empty version of the scene as well — this is useful for buyers if they need to composite.
- If possible, include props or items that indicate the region, culture, or country that content comes from. Also be sure to include country and cultural metadata in your submissions.
- All recognisable subjects and landmarks need to sign a model release. You can print out this template before the shoot, or send one via email directly from the Stock Contributor Portal.
- Make sure you don’t have any logos or trademarks in your submissions — including on clothing, shoes, phones, and other personal items. It’s best to avoid them in the shot, but you can also scrub them out in postproduction if you need.
- Keyword accurately to ensure buyers will find your content and list the most important and relevant keywords first.
Image source: Adobe Stock / Karmina
Need a little inspiration? See our fall collection on Adobe Stock here.
Ready to sell your images and videos? Upload them to the Adobe Stock Contributor Portal today.