The OFFF Festival 2017 and its most stand-out artists
On 6, 7 and 8 of April OFFF will take place at the Museu del Disseny de Barcelona. In its 16th year, the International Festival of Digital Culture and Art retains every ounce of its energy and remains true to its philosophy of providing a shop window for the most avant garde trends in the worlds of design, advertising, cinema, television and editorial art. Over the course of three days, artists from all round the world will come together to attend workshops, activities and performances which are sure to spark the imagination of fans of the digital environment.
As with every year, Barcelona will fill up with the most renowned talents of the moment. Here are just a few of the people who will be appearing:
- Kelli Anderson is an artist and designer who explores the limits of materials in search of hidden possibilities waiting to be discovered. Her experimentation aims to achieve new means of transcending the limits of the physical and digital worlds, thereby tapping into new experiences through the images thus created.
- Julia Gaudard and Benoit Créac’h make up Ben & Julia, a duo of multidisciplinary and artistic directors. The creative couple use a great variety of techniques in their work, including sculpture, painting, photography, cinema and animations, both 2D and 3D, whilst applying a unique aesthetic which they have made all their own.
- Annie Atkins is a designer who specialises in graphic design for cinema. Many of us know her as the principal graphic designer for The Grand Budapest Hotel, directed by Wes Anderson. As well as designing the film’s poster and credits, she also developed all the graphic materials which appear in the movie; such as tickets, passports and packaging.
- Calvin Sprague is a graphic designer and illustrator who can readily be recognised by his geometric, typographical, colourful designs which always experiment with basic lines and shapes, moving in the space between structure and chaos. He has worked for artists and musicians such as Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson, Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Beastie Boys.
- Leta Sobierajski is a multidisciplinary designer and art director who combines traditional elements of graphic design with photography, art and style to create unique visual effects. Her work is incredibly diverse, ranging from the most conventional images to brilliantly weird and colourful compositions.
- Vallée Duhamel is the name given to the Canadian audiovisual studio founded by Julien Vallée and Eve Duhamel. They have worked together since 2013, adopting an experimental approach to create some of the most innovative designs of our times, including images and videos for a wide range of clients, from events to commercials, music, fashion, posters, magazines and objects.
Want to see more of these amazing people? The tune in to the #AdobeLive stream taking place at #OFFF17 from 6th-8th April. Bookmark the live stream link today and check back on the 6th April at 11am BST to be a part of something special. We’ll see you there.
The OFFF 2017 live streams will take place on www.adobelive.com (in English language).
Join the conversation using #AdobeLive, #AdobeOFFF and #OFFF17.
For more information about OFFF visit: http://offf.barcelona/