Adobe Prelude CC (2.1), October 2013
Just 4 months after the CC releases shipped, Creative Cloud is already adding over 150 new features that greatly improves the video products and workflows. Today we are proud to reveal the new features that are coming to the next version of Adobe Prelude CC as well as our other professional video and audio applications Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, Audition CC, Adobe Media Encoder CC and SpeedGrade CC. To learn more about these updates, visit our IBC 2013 page.
The next version of Prelude CC is full of new features to empower and improve your postproduction workflows and to help you jump-start your production. You will save time with an intuitive, keyboard-driven workflow, entering temporal markers and other searchable metadata while keeping your eyes on what matters most: your footage. With expanded file support for ingest and transcoding, Adobe Prelude CC accelerates logging and clip editing with new features such as the ability to export clips and subclips, support for still images, and the ability to export your markers list to name a few. To view some video demoing our new features, visit our Adobe TV page.
Here is a little more detail on the top new features in development for the next versions of Prelude CC.
- Prelude Live Logger – This is an iPad app that is in development and allows you to log live events and on set productions as they are happening with Prelude Live Logger. Once logged on the iPad, you would be able to send the timecode synched markers in an XMP wrapper to Prelude CC desktop via the Creative Cloud. Import and combine single or multiple XMP files with your video assets using the Prelude CC Unassociated Metadata workflow. See it in action.
- Export clips, subclips and rough cuts — Send clips, sub-clips, and rough cuts directly from the Prelude CC project panel to Adobe Media Encoder CC for quick and efficient export of your logged assets.
- Export Marker List – Export printable lists of markers for quick review and reporting on logged assets in your Prelude CC project. Export in either CSV, easy for excel, or in HTML, an easy to read format with thumbnails. Easily allow Producers to provide editors with a simple, easy-to-read shot list and comment marker sheet.
- Expanded XMP Support – Capture and use the richest media possible, faster. With added support of new formats such as GoPro, continue to ingest and log your preferred footage in its native file format, enabling greater control over the creative process.
- Still Image Support – Import Still images into Prelude CC projects to organize, use in rough cuts, and for streamlined ingest into Adobe Premiere Pro CC.