After Effects CC (12.2.1) bug-fix update
The After Effects CC (12.2.1) bug-fix update is now available.
You can install the update through the Creative Cloud desktop application, or you can check for new updates from within any Adobe application by choosing Help > Updates. One way to check for updates is by closing all Adobe applications other than Adobe Bridge, and choosing Help > Updates in Adobe Bridge; this ensures that all processes related to Adobe video applications have been quit and can be updated safely.
Ideally, you should install the updates automatically through the Creative Cloud desktop application or by choosing Help > Updates, but you can also directly download the update packages from the download page for Windows or Mac OS by choosing the “Adobe After Effects CC (12.2.1)” update for your operating system.
We have also been working with several providers of plug-ins, codecs, and hardware devices to assist them in updating their software to fix some errors and crashes. Please take this opportunity to download and install updated codecs, plug-ins, and drivers from these providers, as relevant to your work.
For details of all of the other updates for Adobe professional video and audio applications, see this page.
summary of what’s fixed in After Effects CC (12.2.1)
- Dragging a folder of source items into the Project panel did not import the source items. This is now fixed.
- The output audio sample rate was reset to the lowest value (often 8kHz) in the Output Module Settings dialog box. This is now fixed.
- QuickTime output files had extra frames at the end when exporting with audio to certain codecs, including ProRes. This is now fixed.
- Purging of the disk cache using the commands in After Effects did not function on systems that use comma as decimal separator. This is now fixed.
- After Effects crashed when attempting to read temporal XMP metadata from files created by Illustrator 17.1 (as well as files from other applications based on those Illustrator files). This is now fixed for After Effects CC (12.2.1), but the same badly formed files can cause problems in previous versions of After Effects; see this page for details of a workaround for previous versions of After Effects.
- We also fixed several bugs related to output file name and location templates.
We previously published a list of these known issues and workarounds for them here.
IMPORTANT: Additionally, the new version of the Creative Cloud desktop application fixes a major issue regarding the setting of permissions for folders during installation that caused many applications to crash or behave incorrectly. Be sure to follow the instructions here to update the Creative Cloud desktop application, since this patch fixes several issues related to After Effects, too.