After Effects CS4 tips in Layers magazine
Layers magazine just posted their “Fourth Annual Layers 100 Wicked Tips” article, which includes 10 tips about After Effects.
Some of the tips are about increasing efficiency, and some of them are about more creative aspects.
Here’s a list of the 10 tips:
- Your text animation system is a 3D vector graphics toolkit (“Animating text”)
- Find things much faster now (“Search and filter in the Timeline, Project, and Effects & Presets panels” and After Effects Community Help search)
- Render once, output many (“About rendering and exporting”)
- Hundreds of freebies waiting just for you (“After Effects community resources”)
- Your spreadsheet is a keyframe editor (“Edit keyframe values using a spreadsheet or text editor”)
- Your right mouse button wants you to work faster (“Open panel, viewer, and context menus”)
- Your Shift and Arrow keys want you to work faster, too (“Opening and navigating nested compositions”)
- You don’t (always) have to manually set composition settings (“Create a composition”)
- Your shape layers want to wiggle (“Alter shapes with path operations”)
- You don’t need to preserve colors when pulling a key (“Keying overview and tips”)
For details about each, see the article and the section of After Effects Help listed after each tip above.