Audition CS6 5.0.2 update patch released. Bug fixes, Windows 8 compatibility.
Autumn is falling upon our Seattle offices this week as the mornings get cooler and the evenings start earlier. The trees across the river out my office window betray flecks of red and yellow mixed among the thousand shades of green. Seems like a great time to release an update patch for Adobe Audition CS6!
This update, version 5.0.2 for Mac and Windows, fixes several bugs discovered after release that could not be fixed in time for the earlier patch, and cleans up a few odds and ends to ensure Audition is fully compatible for use on Windows 8. Briefly, here are the primary bug fixes:
- Metronone may skip or stutter
- Windows registry entry missing backslash in path
- Eucon/Avid Artist control surface touchscreen: Control of Surround Panner does not work
- Bounce to New Track > Selected Track: New track is now based on channelization of source track
- Windows 8: Third-party drivers do not have a valid WHQL signature
- CD Burning: Removed 78 minute limit from CD Layout.
- Audition may crash on Mac when exporting to OMF
- Audition may crash when attempting to bounce a track with a channelization that does not match the Master track
- All fixes and updates available in the 5.0.1 update.
You may install the update by selecting Help > Updates… in Adobe Audition CS6 or through the Adobe Application Manager tool. Additionally, you may download the patch installer directly for Mac and Windows.