Creating Time: What’s New for Creative Cloud Video & Audio Tools
Adobe Pushes Industry Forward with State of the Art Video Creation and Distribution
Adobe today revealed advancements to their industry-leading Adobe Creative Cloud video tools and services to be showcased at IBC 2017. To help filmmakers and video professionals create standout content, Adobe will highlight the latest innovations in virtual reality (VR)/360, animation, motion graphics, editing, collaboration and Adobe Stock — all available later this year. Many of these features are powered by Adobe Sensei, the company’s artificial intelligence and machine learning framework. Adobe will preview these advancements at Stand 7.G27 in the RAI Amsterdam Convention Center and at 140 partner booths from September 15-19 at IBC.
“Video is the fastest growing medium in communications and entertainment. Whether you’re an online creator, global media company or filmmaker, you need to deliver world class content across all platforms and formats at incredible speed,” said Bryan Lamkin, senior vice president of Digital Media at Adobe. “Adobe is breaking new ground in collaboration, social sharing and analytics to accelerate workflows for all video creators.”
Adobe Creative Cloud and Premiere Pro have become the platform of choice for professional editors around the world from Hollywood to Bollywood including high-profile productions: Al Gore’s “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power” from co-directors Bonni Cohen and John Shenk, “Mindhunter” from executive producer and director David Fincher, “Only the Brave” from director Joseph Kosinski, and “6 Below” from director Scott Waugh. Media companies are making history by bringing characters to life with Character Animator, such as Mr. Bean on Facebook Live, and through the work of online content creators like Valentina Vee, Jouelzy, Rooster Teeth and Rachel Nguyen.
Powerful Integrated Workflows and Performance Enhancements
The new capabilities coming later this year to Adobe Creative Cloud for video include:
- Character Animator 1.0 is unveiled with changes to core and custom animation functions, such as pose-to-pose blending, new physics behaviors and visual puppet controls. Adobe Sensei helps improve lip-sync capability by accurately matching mouth shape with spoken sounds.
- Virtual reality video creation will be possible with a dedicated viewing environment in Premiere Pro. Editors can experience the deeply engaging qualities of content, review their timeline and use keyboard driven editing for trimming and markers while wearing the same VR head-mounts as their audience. In addition, audio can be determined by orientation or position and exported as ambisonics audio for VR-enabled platforms such as YouTube and Facebook. VR effects and transitions are now native and accelerated via the Mercury playback engine.
- With the release of Team Projects, Adobe has improved collaborative workflows on the Local Area Network with managed access features that allow users to lock projects and provide read-only access to others. Formerly in beta, Team Projects will offer smoother workflows hosted in Creative Cloud and the ability to more easily manage versions with auto-save history.
- Adobe Audition adds flexible session organization to multi-take workflows and continuous playback while editing. Powered by Adobe Sensei, auto-ducking is added to the Essential Sound panel that automatically adjusts levels by type: dialogue, background sound or music.
Integration with Adobe Stock
Adobe Stock continues to build the most comprehensive creative marketplace with over 90 million assets including photos, illustrations and vectors. Customers now have access to over 4 million HD and 4K Adobe Stock video footage directly within their Creative Cloud video workflows and can now search and scrub assets in Premiere Pro. Coming to this release are hundreds of professionally-created motion graphics templates for Adobe Stock, available later this year, and allow editors to leverage some of the best designed motion graphics. Additionally, motion graphic artists will be able to monetize their work and sell Motion Graphic templates for Premiere Pro through Adobe Stock. Earlier this year, Adobe added editorial and premium collections from Reuters, USA TODAY Sports, Stocksy and 500px. Pond5 collections introduced in April 2017 further expand the premium and video offering.
- Jason Levine will demonstrate these features and more on Thursday, September 14, 2017 in a live, interactive presentation on Facebook
- Learn more about Adobe Creative Cloud video and audio tools
- See what’s new and next for Creative Cloud video and audio applications
- Find the full list of customersspeaking in the Adobe booth at IBC Show 2017
- Watch interviews, overviews, and more from Adobe at IBC Show 2017
- Adobe Feature Reveal “What’s New?” and Datasheet
- Facebook: Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, After Effects, CC Video & Audio
- Twitter: Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, After Effects, CC Video & Audio
- Blogs: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Character Animator, Audition, Adobe Stock
- Get the latest versionor download a free trialof Creative Cloud applications
- Attending IBC Show? Visit the Adobe booth at Hall 7, Stand 7G.27 in the RAI
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.