Dreamweaver Beta 2 is Here!
Over the past few months, the Dreamweaver Beta has been downloaded by thousands of enthusiasts from all over the world. You have sent us pointed, clear, and incredibly helpful feedback. It makes us happy and proud to be associated with a community of users that is so passionate, involved, and intent on making this Dreamweaver release the best one ever.
It makes good sense to start with a note of gratitude – thank you.
That said, we have another exciting update for you – Dreamweaver Beta 2! Download and install this update to get the newest features, enhancements, and bug fixes we’ve rolled into this build.
With this update you will find:
- A new experience for Find and Replace. Faster, streamlined and non-intrusive, our goal has been to make coding as smooth and seamless an experience as possible. When working with the Beta 2 build, hitting Ctrl/Cmd+F displays an elegant Find and Replace bar (that’s what we’re calling it), below the standard toolbar. In Code view, search results are instantaneously highlighted as you type. Visually, search results are indicated with markers overlaying the scrollbar.
- Live Browser Preview. Preview any modifications to your website in real time. No saving or further clicking required each time you modify your page – just edit in Code or Design views and see your changes instantly using Live Browser Preview.
- UI refresh. Both, the Properties Inspector and CSS Designer panels no longer appear to stick out like oddballs. With Beta 2, it appears in the same color theme as the rest of Dreamweaver. So whatever theme you apply to Dreamweaver, both panel appear in sync with the theme.
The Properties Inspector panel now appears like the rest of the Dreamweaver interface
- Bug fixes.
- Copy-paste issues. Okay, so we heard you; those issues were, indeed, annoying! Dreamweaver Beta 2 fixes most issues related to the copy-paste functionality.
- Other bug fixes. We received a number of bug reports and feedback about what didn’t work, or what didn’t work as expected; we’re working hard on fixing these bugs you reported, and you’ll find a number of fixes in this update.
While addressing all of your feedback is an incremental process, we also recognize that we have some distance to go before we’re in the best shape possible for the next release. In the same vein, we request you to keep your feedback, comments, questions, and tips coming – we’re listening!
The Dreamweaver Product Team