free videos from After Effects CS6 Learn by Video, from video2brain
The fine folks at video2brain have just posted some sample videos from the 10+ hours of video training in After Effects CS6: Learn By Video, which I recorded with my partner Angie Taylor. Angie and I also worked together on the previous version, After Effects CS5 Learn By Video, and I was delighted to be able to work with her again.
This DVD and book provide an introduction to After Effects that is designed to bring you from the beginner level to the intermediate level, as well as to warn and educate you about all of the common pitfalls and gotchas in After Effects.
Here are some free videos to give you an idea of what is included in this extensive video training series:
- Preview panel (playing video and audio)
- color keying (garbage mattes, hold-out mattes)
- 3D Camera Tracker (and 3D text)
- Brainstorm (experimenting with effect properties)
- compound effects (including the Camera Lens Blur effect)
- slowing motion, freezing a frame, and reversing time
- bending 2D layers in 3D space
- extruding text and shapes in 3D
- material options and environment layers in 3D
- RAM and disk caches
- exporting with Adobe Media Encoder from After Effects
- preparing Cinema 4D projects for After Effects
- compositing multipass renders from Cinema 4D in After Effects
You can also check out free sample video tutorials from After Effects CS5 Learn By Video, nearly all of which are also relevant for After Effects CS5.5, CS6, and CC.
Also, my entire two-hour series about what’s new and changed in After Effects CS6 is free on the video2brain website.