Learning Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 by Phil Hawkins
Infinite Skills has provided some free sample videos from the Learning Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 training series by Phil Hawkins.
Phil has a casual, easy-going, conversational manner to his video training, and he makes learning new technical skills a pleasant experience—perhaps in part because of his great voice. (This is a characteristic that he shares with my partner Angie Taylor.)
These are very basic videos, but that’s no criticism—people need to learn the basics before moving on to more advanced subjects.
Here are links to free sample videos from this series and pages for additional information on the same topics:
- Picture-In-Picture: shows how to use the Motion effect and create and apply effect presets
- Rate Stretch tool: shows how to use the Rate Stretch tool
- Ripple Edit tool: shows how to use the Ripple Edit tool
- Rolling Edit tool: shows how to use the Rolling Edit tool
- Razor tool: shows how to use the Razor tool
- Adjusting volume and Mixing voice and music: show how to adjust volume using the Audio Mixer and Timeline panel
Really, my only criticism about this series is that some of the surrounding collateral—such as the box cover and bumper video that plays at the beginning of the series—are a bit sloppy, even getting product names wrong. For example, the box refers to Premiere CS5, not Premiere Pro CS5.