Show Marvel Your Best Work
Are you a student looking to showcase your talent, get advice from top-tier professionals, gain invaluable real-world experience, and build your portfolio? If so, Adobe has the perfect opportunity for you:
We’ve teamed up with Marvel to make comic book history and give you a chance to apply your cutting-edge skills.
What’s the deal?
We’re looking for four (4) students with four (4) distinct styles to team up with Marvel pros to create a limited-edition Avengers comic, powered by Creative Cloud, to debut during San Diego Comic-Con.
If chosen, you’ll contribute to a new Marvel comic, get a ticket to San Diego Comic-Con, and a one-on-one portfolio review with the Marvel pros. Your comic will also be printed and distributed in comic stores across the United States. (You may also be featured on the Adobe Students social channels to help your portfolio stand out to future employers.)
Who we’re looking for
Students (in or outside the USA) aged eighteen (18) and over, who are passionate about illustration, digital media, animation, and comics. Since storytelling is crucial in comic books, we’ll be keeping an eye out for sequential samples, regardless of style.
How to be considered
Tag your best original non-Marvel work on your Behance portfolio with #madethis #Marvel. If you don’t have a Behance portfolio, you can make one by simply signing up on Behance and uploading your work.
Work must be tagged on Behance no later than April 13, 2015 for consideration.
Some questions and answers
- Who’s eligible to participate? Currently enrolled students from all majors and backgrounds. You must be over the age of eighteen (18).
- I don’t live in the US, can I participate? Yes. The opportunity is available globally.
- Will I be paid for my work? Yes. Each selected student will receive a cash payment.
- Will hotel and accommodations be taken care of at San Diego Comic-Con? Yes. The selected students traveling to San Diego Comic-Con will have transportation and hotel accommodations planned and paid for by Adobe, as well as a daily stipend.
- I’m from outside the US, will my visa be taken care of? If you’re chosen, you will be responsible for applying for your visa. It can be completed by visiting esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta and following the application directions. We will reimburse you for any costs needed to obtain your visa.
- Do I need Creative Cloud to participate? You will need a Behance portfolio and Creative Cloud skills. If you aren’t already a Creative Cloud member, download free trials of the Creative Cloud apps.