The 2015 Release of Adobe Creative Cloud Is Here
Since we launched Creative Cloud in the spring of 2012, our vision has been to give creative professionals everything they need for their modern, connected creative process. The 2015 release of Creative Cloud delivers on that vision of a creative platform that lets you work seamlessly across desktop and mobile devices—with deep integration between our mobile apps and our desktop apps, a connected assets-based workflow, a vibrant and growing marketplace, and community features built right in.
Of course we never hold back on bringing you the latest cool features. This Creative Cloud release includes new Adobe magic and incredible performance boosts to your favorite desktop apps. The companion mobile apps bring that Adobe magic to your devices, and now there are even more ways for you to use the powerful, connected mobile-to-desktop workflows to create your best work. Due to popular demand, we’re adding two new iOS mobile apps to Creative Cloud, and Android support for four of our most popular mobile apps.
And to further accelerate your creative process, today we’re introducing Adobe Stock—our brand new service with deep connections to Creative Cloud and integration into your favorite desktop apps. Search, manage and purchase from 40 million curated Adobe Stock images directly within the new CC desktop apps.
At the heart of Creative Cloud is Adobe CreativeSync—an exclusive technology that ensures that your files, photos, fonts, vector graphics, brushes, colors, settings, metadata and stock images from Adobe Stock instantly appear in your workflow right where you need them. CreativeSync lets you start your creative work on any device and seamlessly pick it up on another. From initial idea to finished work, CreativeSync is the engine that lets you create wherever you are.
More Adobe magic and huge performance improvements in fifteen desktop apps:
- In Adobe Photoshop CC, Artboards lets you make multiple layouts of different sizes in a single document, and the new Device Preview shows how designs and interactivity will look and adapt on mobile. The Healing Brush, Spot Healing Brush, and Patch tools have been turbocharged with Mercury Graphics Engine enhancements, so you get results up to 120 times faster than you would if you were using CS6. And be sure to check out the new Photoshop Design Space (Preview Technology), a streamlined experience optimized for designing websites and mobile apps.
- Adobe Illustrator CC is the fastest version yet—ten times faster and ten times more precise than CS6. Thanks to a new Mercury Performance System boost, you can pan, zoom and scroll faster and more smoothly, and zoom into your artwork to create and edit with incredible precision. And should your system crash before you’ve had a chance to save, just relaunch the app and your work will be restored.
- Adobe InDesign CC gets its own Mercury performance surge with twice as fast zooming, scrolling, and paging through complex documents. InDesign CC now also lets you publish and distribute documents with a single click.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC includes Dehaze, a stunning new feature (also available in Photoshop CC) that lets you eliminate fog and haze from images—even underwater shots. Or you can add haze for artistic effect.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC continues to lead the video industry and this is our best release yet. The intuitive and powerful Lumetri Color panel helps you make instant color corrections, and Morph Cut magically smooths and polishes jump cuts and dialogue pauses to deliver a polished interview. With brand new Creative Cloud Libraries integration, Premiere Pro CC takes full advantage of CreativeSync technology so assets like color “Looks” and graphics flow seamlessly between Adobe mobile apps and Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, Photoshop CC and more.
- Adobe After Effects CC dramatically improves your productivity with new support for Creative Cloud Libraries so all of your assets are at your fingertips. Uninterrupted Preview allows you to adjust a composition’s properties and even resize panels without interrupting playback. Make sure you also check out the groundbreaking new Character Animator, which tracks your movements via webcam and transposes them onto a 2D character.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC reduces the effort to create mobile websites with support for responsive design to create production‐ready websites that dynamically adapt to various screen sizes, and includes the ability to preview and test websites on multiple devices in real time.
- Adobe Muse CC has instant access to the fonts in Typekit, making it easier to get your web designs done faster. Adobe Muse can also integrate blogs, shopping carts, and more using new widgets downloaded from the Library panel.
Meet Adobe Stock
We know that Creative Cloud members are avid users and creators of stock imagery so we’re thrilled to introduce the Adobe Stock marketplace.
What makes Adobe Stock so unique?
- First, Adobe Stock includes 40 million beautiful, high-impact photos, illustrations and graphics covering virtually every subject, so you can jump-start any print, web or mobile app project.
- Next, there’s the deep integration of Adobe Stock with Creative Cloud and the CC desktop apps that you rely on. You can launch Adobe Stock directly within CC desktop apps, add watermarked images to Creative Cloud Libraries and then access and work with images across multiple desktop tools such as Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC, After Effects CC and Premiere Pro CC. We’ve made it incredibly simple to work with watermarked images in comps.
- Finally, when you’re ready to license an image for finished work, you can do it directly within the desktop application you’re working in. Any edits you made to the watermarked image are magically applied to the purchased full‐resolution image (thank you CreativeSync) saving you loads of time going between your comp and finished design.
Adobe Stock is available starting today in 36 countries and 13 languages and stock.adobe.com is a beautiful and easy- to-use standalone web site where you can purchase, download or sell stock images. While anyone can purchase Adobe Stock, an exclusive discount for Creative Cloud members lets you save up to 40% on the “10 images per month” plan. If you’re simply looking for one perfect image, pricing begins at $9.99 and we also have plans for power stock users.
For more details, read “Adobe Stock: Shaking Up The Stock Content Market.”
A new era of mobile-to-desktop connections
Since Adobe first introduced our family of Creative Cloud-connected mobile apps, we’ve championed mobile’s importance to the creative process. Today, we’re thrilled to broaden our platform support, and add more apps to the family.
By popular demand, Adobe Shape CC, Adobe Color CC, Adobe Brush CC, and Adobe Photoshop Mix are now all available for Android in the Google Play Store.
(formerly Project Candy) makes it effortless to capture and share production “looks” that combine quality lighting and color schemes for video, film and broadcast. Now the light and colors captured with an iPhone camera can be reflected across any video footage in Premiere Pro CC or After Effects CC.
Adobe Preview CC gives Photoshop CC designers precise, real‐time previews of their mobile designs.
Creative Cloud Libraries are more powerful than ever
The power and potential of Creative Cloud Libraries—to access images, colors, type styles, brushes, and files when and where you need them—is now even better, and available from more apps with support for Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC. Integration with Adobe Stock lets you download royalty‐free images and vector graphics directly to Creative Cloud Libraries for effortless managing, sharing and use of stock content. We’ve also made Creative Cloud Libraries more powerful with support for Linked Assets, which allows you to update an asset once and automatically incorporate those changes within every document or project.
Get the Creative Cloud 2015 release now
Today’s updates to CC desktop tools, mobile apps, and services are immediately available to Creative Cloud members. You can see all that’s new in the Creative Cloud 2015 highlights videos.
If you haven’t tried Creative Cloud yet, you can try all of the latest features with free trials of our desktop apps, or get started by capturing your ideas and inspiration with one of the free mobile apps. Even if you recently tried any of our apps, you can try them again for another 30 days; we’re excited about all the innovations and we want everyone to get the chance to take the new apps for a spin.
We think you’ll love everything that’s new, and we can’t wait to see what you make.