Unveiling Connected Creativity: IBC Reveal 2016
Collaborate and create content easily for video and audio production
We are excited to reveal some amazing new features coming to Adobe Creative Cloud tools for video editing, motion graphics/VFX, and audio. At IBC 2016 (International Broadcasting Convention) tradeshow, customers will see updated tools and brand new workflows demonstrated at Adobe’s booth in Hall 7, Stand 7.G27 in the RAI Amsterdam Convention Center and at over 100 partner booths from September 9-13. If you’re not going to be at IBC, catch all the new features demonstrated by Jason Levine, Adobe evangelist, in a YouTube Live event on September 7th at 8am PST.
Introducing Team Projects
In the next release of Creative Cloud, you’ll find that sharing video projects across workgroups and workstations has never been easier with new Team Projects. Built on Adobe Anywhere technology, Team Projects is a hosted collaboration service that allows editors and motion graphics artists to work simultaneously in shared team projects within Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, and Adobe Prelude CC. It includes deep collaboration features like version control and smart conflict resolution. The data in Team Projects is securely hosted in the cloud and media files referenced by Team Projects can be locally stored source files, or lightweight proxies shared via Creative Cloud.
Powerful Integrated Workflows and Incredible Performance
With native media support for virtually every type of video from UHD to VR, Adobe Creative Cloud video tools let you move freely from application to application without interrupting the creative flow.
- Refined Lumetri Color tools in Premiere Pro now include an improved color picker when working with HSL secondaries, offering access to powerful color correction and Look design tools. Premiere Pro also supports HDR10 metadata for editing and delivering HDR10 for new HDR-enabled TVs and displays, plus expanded support for color space metadata, providing greater precision for delivering brilliant imagery.
- The new 3D rendering engine in After Effects enables users to work more interactively with 3D content. The new fully integrated Cinerender technology from MAXON delivers improved 3D CPU rendering in After Effects, allowing artists to create editable 3D elements, including extruded text and shape layers, without leaving After Effects.
- Building on the Virtual Reality workflow introduced earlier this year in Premiere Pro, we’re now revealing additional improvements. Users can work with stitched equi-rectangular video to show field-of-view so you can replicate viewing experiences while you edit your content. Added to this release, is the new auto-aware VR, which detects whether your media is monoscopic, stereoscopic over/under or stereoscopic left/right and automatically applies preferences for the correct viewing environment. Premiere Pro also exports correctly tagged VR files so that VR-capable video players, such as YouTube, can play the media.
- Performance improvements with real-time playback of source footage for VFX and motion graphics in a new After Effects video preview architecture lets users play raw footage in real-time, eliminating the need to cache before previewing footage. GPU-accelerated effects enable faster rendering of compositions, and enhancements to Dynamic Link between Premiere Pro and After Effects enable an overall faster workflow.
- Faster and easier puppet creation and animation comes to Character Animator CC (beta) when working in the application and with other Creative Cloud apps with a faster round-trip functionality between Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Live Text Templates allows users to include rich dynamic graphics designed in After Effects with their video content in Premiere Pro, including the ability to edit text within those graphics, without requiring the editor to work directly inside After Effects. Live Text Templates are ideal for adding consistent visual production value to any type of branded content, such as tutorial videos, web series, broadcast graphics, and more. Editors who need to work with branded graphics content, like lower-thirds, will appreciate Live Text Templates improvements that allow for simple manipulation of text layers directly inside the Effect Control Panel without the need for a separate After Effects license.
- Typekit sync eliminates wasted time searching for missing fonts. Typekit fonts now sync automatically in Premiere Pro when working with Live Text templates for dynamic motion titles and lower thirds and with After Effects projects across Creative Cloud.
- Huge Productivity Gains with Adobe Stock Video are reported in a new study by Pfeiffer Consulting, which compares using video with Adobe Stock and other stock services. The report finds Adobe Stock can provide up to 6x productivity increase over conventional stock video sources. Adobe Stock lets you access over 55 million world-class images, graphics and videos directly within Adobe’s creative apps.
- Better Captions and subtitles in Premiere Pro can help enliven silent auto-play video previews on Facebook for higher engagement, target different languages or improve accessibility for hearing impaired viewers. The new captions workflow lets users easily create and fine-tune captions.
- Destination Publishing to Behance, the world’s largest creative community, adds to existing capabilities to render and share video directly to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter with rich metadata from directly within Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder CC.
- New and improved audio effects in Premiere Pro provide higher quality sound processing and improved fidelity from Adobe Audition. New effects with hi-DPI awareness include, Analog Delay, Chorus/Flanger, DeHummer, Guitar Suite, Phaser, Single Band Compressor, Tube Modelled Compressor, Vocal Enhancer and Multi Band Compressor. Some legacy Premiere Pro audio plug-ins will be deprecated and they will be removed in a future version.
- Broad file format support is one of the key strengths of Adobe Premiere Pro. Just load your files and start working, even during ingest, whether you elect to work with native source file formats, or lightweight, auto-linking proxies. Along with more efficient ingest of camera media, the next version of Premiere Pro adds support for Native QT DNxHD / DNxHR on windows.
Video editors from Hollywood to Sundance to YouTube are using Adobe Creative Cloud. Television networks are making history by bringing characters to life with Character Animator for live productions on The Simpsons and with Cartoon Donald Trump on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Next-generation creators like Smosh, RocketJump and SoKrispyMedia are enjoying Creative Cloud to produce their work online for fast-paced productions. And most recently Disney’s use of Creative Cloud for Pete’s Dragon has proven that the tools can tackle all sorts of complicated productions.
“I love keeping everything under one roof. I love the idea that it’s all housed under one banner and that all the programs within Adobe Creative Cloud can talk to each other. And for all of my future projects I want to really explore that workflow. It’s a really exciting sphere to be working within,” said David Lowery, director of Disney’s Pete’s Dragon.
IBC Customer Presentations
Our 2016 line-up of customer speakers at IBC includes experts in motion graphics, filmmaking, visual effects, and audio production, along with talented creators of sports video content, virtual reality and 360 experiences, online YouTube series, broadcast and journalistic workflows.
Visit the Adobe video homepage for more information on our video tools. To learn more about what’s coming next to Adobe video applications, check out the following resources: What’s New and Datasheet.
Because this is a sneak peek, you won’t have access to these new features quite yet. Become a Creative Cloud member now to be sure you can get them as soon as they’re available. For more information about Creative Cloud, see this overview video and the Creative Cloud FAQ list.
- Learn more about what’s coming next to Adobe video in this brief overview video.
- See the Adobe IBC presenter lineup.
- Watch videos demonstrating the new features.
- Facebook: Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Adobe CC Video & Audio
- Twitter: Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Adobe CC Video & Audio
- Blog Announcements: Premiere Pro & Media Encoder, After Effects, Audition, Character Animator