Version 1.9—An Update for Creative Cloud for Desktop
We’re excited to announce the release of version 1.9 of Adobe Creative Cloud for desktop. It brings several new features and improvements that help you stay up-to-date and increase your productivity.
Some key highlights of the release
- Creative Cloud for desktop now automatically detects and downloads any update available for Creative Cloud for desktop, so you no longer have to track and install updates manually. To enable auto-update, just select Always keep Creative Cloud for desktop up to date when installing an update. You can, at any time, enable or disable the auto-update setting from the General tab in the Preferences dialog for Creative Cloud for desktop.
- Font syncing from Typekit is now enabled by default, so you will no longer need to Turn on Typekit to start syncing and using fonts in your favorite applications. If you need to turn syncing off, you can do this anytime from Preferences > Fonts in Creative Cloud desktop. For information about adding and managing Typekit fonts, see Add fonts from Typekit.
- If you’re a Creative Cloud for enterprise customer, your employees will soon be able to sign in using their Federated ID with Single Sign-On support.
Also in the latest version of Creative Cloud for desktop
- You can now sync files and fonts quickly and seamlessly even when switching Internet connections. For information about managing assets, see Browse, sync, and manage assets.
- The Apps panel of Creative Cloud for desktop now loads faster. For information about managing apps, see Install, update, or uninstall apps.
So, what are you waiting for? Install the latest update for Creative Cloud for desktop and take full advantage of the cool features and improvements we’ve made.
How to update
You’ll be prompted to update when you relaunch Creative Cloud for desktop. If you do not relaunch the app, you’ll get an update notification in 24 hours. Click Install Now to download and install the latest version, and then relaunch the app.
If you’re a new user and have not installed Creative Cloud for desktop yet, the latest version is available for download from Creative Cloud Download Center.
Check which version of the app you’re using
- Launch Creative Cloud for desktop, and sign in with your Adobe ID.
- Click the gear icon, and choose Preferences > General.
- Click the Account.