Adobe introduced a major update to Creative Cloud 2014 apps yesterday with many new features and improvements. What’s more, the updated apps contain a new version of CEP, version 5.2. CEP 5.2 contains some of the most frequently requested features and capabilities, such as Drag and Drop support and native fly-out menu support.
Here are some of the features of CEP 5.2
- Support Drag and Drop of both standard types and custom types
- Support Windows High DPI
- Support native fly-out menu in HTML5 panels
- Support shortcut keys when focus is on HTML5 extensions, including menu shortcut keys and single-key shortcut keys
- Support tooltips in HTML5 extensions
- Support customizing context menu in HTML5 extensions
- Support CSS cursor property for HTML5 extensions
- Support using CEP HTML5 extension as startup screen
- Refactor extension unloading procedure and support event notification
- Support setting max and min size for modal and mode-less dialog in extension manifest
- Support for disabling Node.js in HTML5 extensions
To get CEP 5.2, download the latest update to your target application and include the latest version of the CSInterface API, (CSInterface-5.2.js), in your extension project.
I look forward to seeing your extensions make use of the latest and greatest features of CEP 5.2.