I am delighted to announce the final release (GM) version of Adobe Configurator 4. Adobe Configurator lets you create your own custom panels for Photoshop and InDesign and now supports Photoshop CC. The latest release supports the new Adobe Exchange. To distribute and share panels you create in Configurator with other Creative Cloud and Creative Suite 6 users. The Configurator 4 release offers these new features:
- SUPPORT FOR CREATIVE CLOUD: With this release, you can create panels for Photoshop CC, as well as for Photoshop CS6 and InDesign CS6.
- AUTOMATIC CONVERSION: The automatic conversion feature has been extended, so that if you open a CS5.x panel for Photoshop, you can convert it to either the CS6 or CC version.
- OPEN EXTENSIONS FROM A PANEL: A new widget allows your user to open other Adobe Application Extensions from your panel. You must provide the ID of the extension to open.
- NEW SCRIPTING FUNCTIONALITY: The HTML widget now has enhanced scripting capabilities that allow you to open other extensions and call into the ExtendScript DOM of the host application.
- HI DPI SUPPORT: You can create panels that will run in high resolution on Apple Retina™ Displays.
- NEW SAMPLES: See what’s possible or just customize what has already been created with the sample panels available on the Welcome screen and File menu. We’ve created new HTML Sample Panels and a new Photoshop CC features sample.
Jonathan Ferman | Product Manager