Adobe Installation and Licensing

Blog to post all Installer and Licensing related info to users of Adobe products

Jan 21, 2016

CCP 1.9.3 is live – Hola multi language, adiós Acrobat exception workflow

Hi Folks,

I am happy to announce that CCP 1.9.3  is live. This release brings some significant features that IT admins have been asking for. This functionality is also available in the Enterprise Dashboard.

Multi Language Packages

Yes you have read that right. A significant issue for IT admins who support multiple locales is the requirement to create one package per language. This release of CCP and the Deployment tab (in the enterprise dashboard) will offer the ability to “Match the OS language” and the ability to specify at deployment time what language you want the package to be installed in. This in a nutshell means one package regardless of the language you wish to deploy in. This hopefully solves a significant pain point for IT admins.

match os language

Acrobat (I am not Exceptional)

All too familiar to folks will be the fact that Acrobat when included in a Windows package is considered an exception and as such needs to be deployed separately with various nuances that are a pain. With this release of CCP and the deployment tab we will now no longer include Acrobat as an exception. The new workflow is that the IT admin will now simply deploy or double click the setup.exe file that is created. This file will then invoke both installers in one seamless step.



Before the holiday period we released a new version of Remote Update Manager (RUM) This update allowed for downloading and caching of updates as well as some other features. While we released this as a standalone download the new version will now be included in CCP and all subsequently created packages.

We have updated all our help documentation to reflect these changes


Karl Gibson | Senior Product Manager | Creative Cloud Enterprise



  • By Tim Menke - 8:28 AM on January 21, 2016   Reply

    just updated to 1.9.3 and attempted to update my build. After everything downloaded I got a unrecoverable build error:
    1/21/2016 09:25:59 [ERROR] AdobePackageBuilder – Failed to populate data for (C:\Archive\AdobeFiles\AdobeCreativeCloud\Communications\Communications\Exceptions\APRO15.0en_US)

    Do I need to erase my build and start over?

  • By Jared Freeman - 10:24 AM on January 28, 2016   Reply

    So just be clear, does this mean that if we check the “Match the OS language” box, we can create a single package and it will automatically match the OS language on the target we are pushing to? i.e. Can we create a package for Photoshop, check that box and have it install in French on computers with the OS set to French, Spanish to Spanish, etc? Even if we are only using CCP and not the Enterprise Dashboard?

    • By Jared Freeman - 10:54 AM on January 28, 2016   Reply

      As a test, I just created a package with that box selected. After the build completed, I chose to edit the existing package and all I see in the upper right corner is English (North America) with no indication of this being a multi-language build. If I look in the XML file, I can see that the option is enabled though. Any chance you can add a visual cue to show that it’s auto-localized, assuming that’s the case?

  • By John Welch - 5:14 PM on February 9, 2016   Reply

    oh that IS nice. (both items, but esp. the language update.)

  • By Serge Paulus - 11:58 PM on October 19, 2016   Reply

    Unfortunately, after working a bit with the multilanguage setting, I conclude it is not always working as intended. I have created packages in German with this option activated for macOS, and while testing on my machines, it worked every time. After deployment however, people started complaining that they got a mixed language installation. Like: Lightroom is in german (Os is german, User on macOS has only german in the localization), but Photoshop installs in English.
    I have no idea what the reason is (my users actually sit 200km away from me, and the local users simply did not have a problem yet with this), but I will begin to create dedicated language packages again… but then I ask why this option is necessary at all, it is a bad workaround for a problem with Adobe Applications under macOS. If the programs would adapt to the users language setting like every other application, we would not need this.

    • By Saransh Katariya - 2:53 AM on October 20, 2016   Reply

      Hi serge,
      Its unfortunate to hear you are facing problems. are you changing the OS locale in user mode or admin mode?
      here are the steps to change locale in admin mode –
      Use the following command to change the OS locale at system level. The new locale would be then sniffed by CCP installer correctly.
      sudo defaults write .GlobalPreferences AppleLocale de_DE
      Use System Preferences
      1. Perform the following steps to install the German language on a MAC OS
      1. Launch the terminal
      2. Use the following command to open System Preferences sudo /Applications/System\\ Preferences
      3. When prompted, enter the admin password
      4.In the System Preferences app, set the language and region as required.

      Also, Please send your logs to us. (share the PDApp.log file from ~/Application/Logs/ and send it to

      • By Serge Paulus - 4:26 AM on October 20, 2016   Reply

        Thanks Saransh for your reply.

        The GlobalPreferences AppleLocale was my first check here, and it is (well at least on the two machines I got feedback from) set to de_DE. Local User language setting is also in german.
        I’ll try to get the PDApp.log from one of the users that is affected by this. Might need some time, like I said, I cannot simply go to the affected macs because they are 200km from here. (And I suppose you mean the PDApp.log in ~/Library/Logs/)

Add a comment