Jul 11, 2019
Important Acrobat Product Update
Beginning in January 2020, we will be removing the Adobe Sign Individual entitlement from Acrobat DC with Services offerings licensed through ETLA agreements. This includes Acrobat DC licensed as stand-alone app and Acrobat DC licensed as part of Creative Cloud All Apps.
Access to Adobe Sign Individual is available via the Fill & Sign tool in the latest update to Acrobat DC. If you have not updated Acrobat DC, the tool may be labelled “Adobe Sign” or “Send for Signature”.
Why are we removing this?
In October 2018, we released an all-new Acrobat DC. This latest release includes new tools and functionality to better work with PDFs across mobile devices, the web and desktop, plus all-new collaboration tools. As an Acrobat DC subscriber, you should already have these great features available. Another major update we released was to our electronic signature solution Adobe Sign.
Prior to the October release, Acrobat DC users have been able to send documents out for e-signature using the Acrobat tool called “Fill & Sign” (or “Adobe Sign” or “Send for Signature”) using an Adobe Sign Individual entitlement.
While having this tool (Adobe Sign Individual entitlement) has provided a great way to capture legally-binding e-signatures, we are removing Adobe Sign Individual because it does not provide the Enterprise grade functionality that is available through Adobe Sign Enterprise, such as:
- Ability to centrally manage users who have permission to send agreements or sign
- Allowing admins to manage agreements that are sent and used across the organization
- Providing granular controls to manage electronic signatures across the organization
In addition, Adobe Sign Enterprise offers more functionality compared to what was available in the Adobe Sign Individual entitlement, including, but not limited to:
- Single Sign on
- Account Delegation
- Prebuilt Enterprise Integrations with Dropbox, Salesforce, Workday, etc.
- Adobe Sign is the preferred e-signature solution across the Microsoft enterprise portfolio, including Office 365, SharePoint, Dynamics, Teams, and Flow
- Customization and Optimization
- Enhanced e-signature authentication, Advanced ID-based signer identity verification, workflow designer, advanced language support, etc.
Adobe Sign is the industry-leading globally recognized solution for capturing legally compliant signatures. Adobe Sign is built from the ground up to meet any of your organization’s e-signature needs, with IT admin-friendly tools to ensure you and your users are using e-signatures that fully comply with the various regional and industry regulations around e-signatures. Please visit here for more info on managing Sign through Adobe Admin Console.
Please reach out to your Adobe contact to discuss how you can continue providing your organization e-signature capabilities through our broader digital document platform that includes Acrobat DC and Adobe Sign Enterprise.
Access to existing agreements
Users will still be able to access any agreements sent out prior to the removal via Adobe Document Cloud by signing in with their Adobe ID at https://documentcloud.adobe.com.
Acrobat DC experience without Sign Individual entitlement
Users who have Adobe Sign Enterprise entitlements will be able to send agreements within Acrobat using the Fill & Sign tool.
Users who do not have Adobe Sign Enterprise entitlements will not be able to send out new agreements and will receive an error message. The graphic below outlines possible outcomes.
Adobe Document Cloud Web experience without Sign Individual entitlement
Users will be able to login to https://documentcloud.adobe.com/ to access and download any agreements that have been sent out prior to the removal of Adobe Sign Individual entitlement.
For more information, visit the below pages:
- Sign in to Adobe Document Cloud: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sign-in.html
- Managing files (Where are my files?): https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/manage-files.html
- Using Acrobat Customization Wizard for configuration: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Wizard/WizardDC/index.html
- Overview of Admin Console: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/admin-console.html
- Managing Adobe Sign on the Admin Console: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/adobe-sign-for-enterprise.html