Best of the Best: digital marketers in Asia Pacific pull away from the rest
Everything needs context. Without context, marketers are left wondering if their results are any good. For the first time in Asia, the Adobe Digital Index team has released a much needed guide to the best in the region. Finding out where your organization falls within the tiers of the Benchmark is crucial in helping to identify strengths and weaknesses and can help marketers prioritize areas to focus on.
The Adobe Digital Index Best of the Best Benchmark for Asia Pacific compares the overall average versus websites in the top 20% on six key performance indicators across six regions: Australia and New Zealand, Southeast Asia, India, South Korea, Hong Kong, China and the United States. Key performance indicators are mobile and tablet traffic, stick rate*, visits-per-visitor, time spent and conversion rate.
The new research reveals that marketers across Asia Pacific who deliver best practices are pulling further away from their competitors. The research also confirmed that digital excellence can be closely linked to revenue growth and other business success metrics.
Key findings in the Best of the Best Benchmark for Asia Pacific include:
- Websites optimized for smartphone visitors in South Korea see nearly 90% difference in share of smartphone traffic than an average site; in the past year the gap between average and best in class for mobile optimization has grown in every country. Mobile optimization refers to websites which have been optimized for smartphone visitors.
- Australia and New Zealand, and Southeast Asia, have seen the most overall growth in tablet share; the best of the best sites achieve about 5% more tablet visits than the average.
- All countries except South Korea saw an increase in stick rate year on year; India led all countries with that nation’s ‘best of the best’ marketers improving their stick rate by over 14% year on year.
- The ‘best of the best’ websites increase the amount of return visits by as much as 25% compared to the average across Asia Pacific.
- Time spent on websites is higher in Australia and New Zealand, and Southeast Asia, but has fallen year on year in all other countries.
There’s a major gap developing between being average and being in the top 20% of marketers across Asia Pacific. For conversion rates alone, the ‘best of the best’ websites in industries that sell online deliver nearly double the average conversion rate. There is no such thing as ‘offline’ any more. The data is telling us that delivering seamless experiences across devices and within social media is driving the best performance and leading to superior business performance.
It is evident from the research that making a commitment to digital excellence can results in a significant increase in revenue. It’s also encouraging to see that across Asia Pacific, those marketers delivering best in class are on par with top marketers around the world, proving we are a region to watch.
To find out where your organization falls on within the Benchmark take Adobe’s Digital Marketing Maturity Assessment.
*Stick rate is the percentage of visits that last more than one page.