This week at both Adobe Summit and across the pond at Magento Imagine 2019, we are excited to be announcing a range of new features and innovations to Magento Commerce designed to open up whole new markets and opportunities for our customers to sell online. The ecommerce market continues to grow apace as more individuals get connected and online shopping becomes the preferred channel. In 2018, the European B2C ecommerce market was predicted to reach a whopping €602bn; the opportunity is simply enormous, and growing.
However, as customers increasingly demand better, faster, and more seamless experiences, many commerce businesses are not quite measuring up to expectation. In fact we found that 45% of consumers in the UK, Germany and France say that they have abandoned an online basket because the purchase process was too time consuming or complicated. This is why we are particularly excited about our announcements today – they have been designed to make sure that we are giving our customers every opportunity to reach, compete for and convert customers.
One of the major new capabilities includes integration with Amazon Sales Channel. In 2017, it was estimated that a third of online spend in the UK alone went through Amazon, this new feature will now allow retailers to seamlessly expand their offering into the Amazon Marketplace, reaching vast new audiences. We’re also announcing an integration with Google Shopping ads Channel, the number one driver to retail sites, so that customers can more easily manage and compete for eyeballs on their advertising campaigns.
It doesn’t stop there, we’re also opening up integrations into some of the powerful tools available in Adobe Experience Cloud, including the enterprise-grade capabilities of Adobe Analytics to better understand shopping behavior. Plus, we’re enhancing the ability to update site content quick and easily and giving more options for retailers to get started with credit and debit card transactions. Combined, these new capabilities will drive the ability to create seamless shoppable experiences for customers across channels and platforms.
Taken all together, the updates to Magento Commerce announced today accelerate our vision and strategy to empower companies of all sizes with the capabilities to make every brand interaction personal and every experience shoppable. We know that the retail sector continues to go through huge disruption, so we have focused on how we can help our customers drive real revenue and profit across channels.
Of course, with Magento Commerce now powering Adobe Commerce Cloud, these advanced commerce capabilities are also available within Adobe Experience Cloud, serving the needs of global B2C and B2B companies to support multiple brands, sites and countries and to deliver seamless commerce experiences.
New capabilities in Magento Commerce include:
- Expand customer reach: Amazon Sales Channel effectively removes the barriers to entry for retailers trying to gain a foothold on Amazon by allowing them to quickly integrate their catalog, establish a bi-directional data flow and start managing listings from their Magento admin. By seamlessly integrating their Magento store with multiple Amazon accounts and regions, merchants can make their Magento Admin the central hub for all their Amazon marketplace activities, reducing data silos, removing operational friction, and eliminating additional integration costs. The extension is available today for free download on the Magento Marketplace for Magento Commerce Pro and Magento Open Source 2.2.4 (and later) customers.
- Target new audiences with a fully integrated, end-to-end Google advertising solution now generally available as a free extension in the Magento Marketplace. Google Shopping ads Channel for Magento Commerce and Magento Open source 2.2.4 and later directly integrates with Google Merchant Center and Google Ads to streamline workflow by managing advertising campaigns and reporting across the Google network from the ease of their Magento admin.
- Launch powerful behavioral analytics: Magento Commerce customers looking to gain a more complete understanding of customer behavior can now easily integrate Adobe Analytics using the Adobe Experience Platform Launch Extension. This new development provides brands with the capability to quickly deploy the tag management required to enable the flow of data between Magento Commerce and Adobe Analytics, in just minutes. The extension is one of the first community-driven projects that empowers brands to unlock the potential of bringing the solutions together to drive rich customer behavior insights.
- Accelerate time to market for high conversion mobile experiences: Progressive Web Applications (PWA) Studio now integrates Braintree (from PayPal) and makes it easier than ever for merchants, partners and developers to get started with debit and credit transactions with a trusted gateway. The integration translates to faster time to market and lower total cost of ownership.
- Expand global inventory management: Helping merchants realise their omnichannel aspirations with Magento Order Management by bringing new capabilities like multi-tender payment workflows, exception management for payments, more granular roles and permissions, full API coverage for omnichannel capabilities, microservices architecture for improved scale and reliability, and fully dedicated staging environment.
- Speed up site content updates: Powerful PageBuilder drag-and-drop editing tool for site content, enables merchants to create a best-in-class shopping experience 10 times faster without creative limits or the need for developer support. Now with the new BlueFoot Content Migration tool, merchants who are using BlueFoot on Magento 2.1.x or 2.2.x can quickly upgrade to Magento 2.3.1 with Page Builder 1.0.0 without losing their website content.
For more information on how we are empowering commerce businesses of all sizes to make every experience shoppable with Magento Commerce and Adobe Commerce Cloud, click here.