Let’s take a closer look at Experience League, a new a set of online services and toolkits which will let the teams around your organisation self-administer training solutions in way that effortlessly tracks and measures progress. We’re excited to highlight some of the innovative features you can access through this new offering.
- Intelligent Guidance: Something that people who don’t work in our industry often underestimate about the job is, well, quite how much there is to it. We’re expected to have a reasonable degree of expertise across a wide range of areas. Intelligent Guidance provides up-to-date, digestible guides in five main areas: Analytics and Audiences, Content and Experiences, Campaign Management, Personalisation and Testing, and Advertising (which covers pretty much everything your boss or client will expect you to know about. Although, obviously, not everything they will ask you about…). Under each heading you’ll find a wealth of information to help you develop and hone your skills, from getting the most out of your audience data to cross-platform content optimisation strategies. If you are after a series of resources on Big Data, or looking for all of the latest developments from the world of paid search and programmatic ads, this gives you everything you could hope for. To be clear, though, you still need to do this learning yourself (AI only takes us so far…).
- The Experience Cloud Community: Sometimes it’s good to talk—and that’s where Adobe’s Experience Cloud Community comes in. It is the place to connect with Experience experts, from both inside Adobe and within its wider customer base. You get to ask questions of people doing the same jobs and facing the same kinds of problems that you do. It’s all accessible from desktop or mobile, meaning you can get a helping hand no matter where you are, without needing webinars, voip or any other IT solutions. Helpful, knowledgeable and always-on, the Community helps optimise your Cloud experience.
- Support: Need a quick answer to a problem that’s got you stuck? Sick of screaming into the void to no appreciable effect? Yeah, me too. Don’t worry, that’s where Adobe Enterprise Support comes in. Say hello to a wealth of helpful resources and contact options. This resource centre offers a one-stop-shop for all your customer service touchpoints, from Advertising Cloud to Target, plus links to FAQs and to relevant areas of the Adobe Community. You’ll never be stuck again (professionally, at least—though I do strongly hope that you’ll be free of existential angst and quandaries, as well).
- Step-by-Step Guides: Not everyone has a team to help them, or peers to learn from. For practical wisdom along the way, Experience League’s step-by-step guides offer simple, clear, best-practice playbooks to maximise the value you get from Adobe’s tools. From planning to implementation, and more, here’s all the information you need to make the entire Adobe product offering work for you. The guides cover everything from optimal team composition and strategy development, to granular details about product dashboard optimisation. They’re designed to be simple and accessible to all, and unlike often-clunky documentation, to work wherever your workforce finds itself.
- Training: Training is often expensive and not always top quality. We’ve all been to sessions telling us things we already know or speaking strategy rather than execution. Experience League’s in-depth set of training materials will take your team members from novice to master at their own pace, making sure they’re not just reading about how to do things but getting practical experience too, whether you need to deepen your knowledge of the Experience Cloud, build personalised campaigns, manage content and assets, or harness the power of Creative Cloud with Photoshop and Illustrator. It lets people track their learning progress, which is a great motivational boost. The only downside is that it doesn’t offer free sandwiches and cakes like you get at most physical training courses—but splurge on a packet of biscuits and you’ll be fine.
- Insights: Sometimes we want to dig deeper, reading more around an issue for inspiration and greater awareness. Adobe’s Insights offers broader perspectives on some of today’s most salient issues and developments. It’s the place to go to broaden your horizons and discover interesting nuggets to share around the water cooler. Dozens of individual pieces of insight covering industry trends and Adobe products place a wealth of valuable information at your fingertips. Not only will you be the most interesting person at the next global marketing all-hands, but you’ll be significantly better at your job too. Promise.
These exciting features only scratch the surface of what Experience League has to offer. Explore its wide range of tools and information and let us know what you would like to see more of, so we can continue helping you make the best possible use of the Adobe Suite.