At Adobe we’ve been laser focused on powering exceptional digital experiences. The abundance of data, made available through trillions of customer interactions across our systems, constantly informs our algorithms so they become increasingly smarter, predictive and powerful, and enable the best possible experiences. Yet data can only go so far. Our perspective is that artificial intelligence should be less artificial and that human intelligence must remain at the core of creating and delivering world-class experiences.
Today at Adobe MAX, we announced Adobe Sensei, a framework and set of intelligent services built into the Adobe Platform to dramatically improve the design and delivery of customer experiences. In Adobe Marketing Cloud, Adobe Sensei already powers over 50 mass personalization and predictive capabilities to help brands better understand and meet their customers’ needs and transform them into Experience Businesses.
The Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op, for example, is powered by Adobe Sensei. The Co-op, currently in beta and announced earlier this year, enables the world’s biggest brands to work together to better identify and market to consumers by delivering personalized experiences across devices – without having to be logged into a customer account. Adobe Sensei is also behind Adobe’s Digital Price Index, which taps into Adobe Analytics to surface economic insights and price fluctuations from billions of retail transactions. Or take Anomaly Detection as an example, which automatically flags inconsistencies in the performance of marketing campaigns and suggests ways to remedy them.
Today, we are announcing several new features across Adobe’s Digital Marketing Solutions that are powered by Adobe Sensei. They include:
- Intelligent Alerts: Adobe Analytics now delivers Intelligent Alerts when a statistically significant event is detected. The automated message indicates that something material is happening. Over time, the system becomes smarter and learns which alerts are most valuable to the user by assessing the engagements with feedback prompts. With Intelligent Alerts a retailer, for instance, can get an alert when an items jumps in sales on a particular day, or when smartphone cart abandonments see an irregular spike.
- Automated Digital Advertising Insights: We are extending Advertising Insights in Adobe Media Optimizer from search to soon include social and display advertising. Advertising Insights automates the deep analysis of the performance of campaigns that usually takes hours to create manually. Presentation-ready reports in Microsoft PowerPoint generate statistical charts, summaries, and recommendations, and surface real-time insights to determine, for example, if you should invest more in search versus social or promote a campaign on a specific date or time.
- New Lookalike Modeling Capabilities: Adobe Audience Manager now offers an enhanced lookalike modeling capability that allows brands to further personalize and target prospects that share the same interests and traits as existing customers. For example, marketers can identify home owners as an audience segment and also promote unique offers to those who have a mortgage to move beyond basic audience retargeting and gain valuable customer behavior insights.
- One-click Personalization: Adobe Target’s new Auto-Target feature determines the best, personalized experience to serve individuals. Brands can select options such as different layouts, wording and images, and personalize them for individuals. With one click, Adobe Target automatically determines the right website or app experience to show each visitor to drive better engagement and conversion.
- Enhanced Recommendations Engine: Adobe Target is also offering an enhanced recommendations engine to encompass not only product recommendations but offers as well. Brands can customize recommendations and deliver personalized offers. For example, a retailer seeking to clear the inventory of a flannel shirt can target relevant prospects with an offer on the shirt via push notifications, search ads and more.
- General Availability – Smart Tag and Predictive Subject Lines: Adobe Experience Manager Smart Tags, generally available in December, enables marketers to easily find relevant image assets through machine learning technology that automatically tags vast quantities of images with useful metadata. For example, an image tagged as an image of an outdoors scene can automatically be analyzed by Smart Tags and populated with relevant tags such as ‘hiking’, ‘mountain’ and ‘Yosemite.’ Also, Adobe Campaign’s Predictive Subject Lines are generally available today. Customers can leverage the feature to suggest the best email subject line to improve open rates of email campaigns.