Point of Sale will be “out of office” next Friday, November 23. Everyone we know will be shopping, analyzing shopping, or sleeping in from a long night of eating turkey. We’ll return on Friday, November 30.
Here’s this week’s roundup of links of interest in Retail & Travel, from the thought leaders on our retail & travel consulting team:
- Holiday price matching wars: If you can’t beat ‘em, match ‘em [Shop.org Blog]
- A merry and bright e-retail holiday season [Internet Retailer]
- Holiday Window Shopping Moves Online [Mashable]
- 12 Ways Technology Will Make Black Friday 2012 Different From Any Other [Business Insider]
- States reach for e-commerce sales tax dollars [Internet Retailer]
- Mobile shoppers don’t just compare prices in stores [Internet Retailer]
- 68% of smartphone owners will use their devices for holiday shopping [Internet Retailer]
- Facebook Adds a Grab Bag of Gifts Partners [Mashable]
- Google Releases ‘Shortlists’ for Collaborative Shopping [Mashable]
- Why a hot web design trend is not the answer for all e-retailers (Responsive Design) [Internet Retailer]
- Visa’s digital wallet expands its reach [Internet Retailer]
- Calling Apple The World’s Biggest Retailer Could Be A Major Mistake [BI Retail]
- Kohl’s Q3 web sales shoot up by 50% [Internet Retailer]
- GameStop Is Planning To Close 200 Stores [BI Retail]
- Mobile chief predicts 40% of Wal-Mart’s holiday web traffic will be mobile [Internet Retailer]
- Wal-Mart Is Rolling Out A Subscription Food Service Called ‘Goodies’ [BI Retail]
- HSN debuts a gift guide for tablet shoppers [Internet Retailer]
- Toys ‘R’ Us redesigns its m-commerce sites and apps [Internet Retailer]
- Donald Trump Could Ruin Macy’s Black Friday Sales [Internet Retailer]
If you’re in the retail or travel industry, are you taking full advantage of the industry & digital marketing experts on our retail & travel consulting team? Most of our consultants have 4+ years of work and/or consulting experience in the retail or travel industries, plus expert knowledge and skill with our Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions and with nurturing, mentoring, and developing mature digital analytics and optimization practices within our clients. We’re eager to engage with you more deeply to help grow and mature your analysis and optimization of your digital marketing and online properties, and to further integrate both the online and offline views of your customers for maximum optimization.
Michael Halbrook is a manager in Adobe Consulting focused on digital strategy, analytics, and optimization in the retail & travel industry. His team serves retail & travel clients with the Adobe Marketing Cloud, helping retailers with online & offline measurement of retail & travel acquisition, optimization, and conversion, and developing & executing on new digital marketing strategies. He tweets at @Halbrook.