Here are this week’s links of interest in Retail & Travel from the thought leaders on our retail and travel consulting team:
- A big challenge for retail: turning online “saves” into offline purchases [Gigaom]
- How Mobile Marketers Can Use Perfect Timing To Win Droves Of Female Customers [Business Insider]
- How Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest Sharing Affects Sales [MarketingProfs]
- More shoppers use their Facebook credentials to sign into retail sites [Internet Retailer]
- How More and More, You The Consumer Decide What Stores Like Wal-Mart And Macy’s Sell [Forbes]
- Staples shows what its got on social media [Retailing Today]
- Google, Adobe and Best Buy are working on an ecommerce web data standard [Gigaom]
- Nordstrom Could Start Using Pinterest To Make Merchandising Decisions [Business Insider]
- How Consumers Use Local Search on Their Mobile Phones [MarketingProfs]
- Wal-Mart turns to the web to find the next big thing, again [Internet Retailer]
- Target’s digital effort aimed at college crowd [Retailing Today]
- A Recent College Graduate Is Helping Online Retailers Win The Price Wars For Good [Business Insider]
- Mobile-optimized e-mails boost revenue at Beyond The Rack [InternetRetailer]
If you’re in the retail or travel industry, are you taking full advantage of the industry & digital marketing experts on our retail & travel consulting team? Most of our consultants have 4+ years of work and/or consulting experience in the retail or travel industries, plus expert knowledge and skill with our Adobe Marketing Cloud solutions and with nurturing, mentoring, and developing mature digital analytics and optimization practices within our clients. We’re eager to engage with you more deeply to help grow and mature your analysis and optimization of your digital marketing and online properties, and to further integrate both the online and offline views of your customers for maximum optimization.
Derek Tangren is a Principal Consultant and Team Lead within Adobe Consulting focused on digital strategy, analytics, and optimization in the retail & travel industry. He serves retail & travel clients with the Adobe Marketing Cloud and has acted as the consulting subject matter lead for Adobe Analytics Standard. You can contact him at @derektangren.