This week’s articles examine what companies need when going through a digital transformation, the opportunities showroomers could represent, the importance of researching ahead of conversion optimization, and more.
- What Is Digital Transformation, and What Does It Require? [eMarketer]: Technology is the means to transforming a business — not necessarily the end in itself.
- Retailers Have Long Feared Showroomers. Maybe They Should Love Them Instead [Forbes]: Providing a shopping experience that is seamless across channels can help companies gain valuable customers.
- Conversion Optimization: Research First, Then Test [Practical Ecommerce]: Conversion optimization research can help narrow down large opportunities for testing so companies can be more successful in their optimization approaches.
- Six Digital Marketing Trends to Budget for Today [MarketingProfs]: Data cleaning, marketing automation systems, and content analysis are among the key areas marketers should focus on to be successful.
- Why researching online, shopping offline is the new norm [Retail Dive]: More than 65 percent of consumers research a product before making an in-store purchase.
- Does Ecommerce Need a Cooperative Shipping Revolution? [Practical Ecommerce]: Small- and medium-sized businesses could cooperate to compete with industry leaders such as Amazon or Walmart.