2013 Trend: Investment in Mobile Apps
According to a survey of marketing managers by Gartner, investments in mobile apps and tablet apps are among the top priorities for digital marketers in 2013. Across all business verticals, mobile apps are a key element of a customer loyalty and retention strategy that enables consumers to connect with businesses anytime and anyplace.
Given the increased investment in mobile apps, existing customers of Adobe Analytics have requested enhanced support for mobile app analytics across all leading platforms (Apple iOS, Android, and Windows).
With the April release of Adobe Analytics, customers now receive the following capabilities:
- Easy access to pre-defined mobile app reports within web user interface
- Mobile app overview report that includes key metrics for launches, daily engaged users, average session length, crash rate, top devices, OS versions, and mobile carriers.
- Understand the lifespan of your application through the mobile app “lifecycle” reports. Metrics and dimension include installs, monthly engaged users, upgrades, install date, days since first use, days since last use, hour of day, and day of week, operating system and device name. Here is an example of the “days since first use” report that shows the % of visits that have taken place since the app was first downloaded.
- View and analyze mobile app engagement in one place within Adobe Analytics.
- Easily change and customize the predefined reports to match your specific needs.
- Analyze all “lifecycle” metrics and dimensions that flow into advanced segmentation capabilities (Discover) and ad-hoc analysis & reporting (Report Builder). For example, see the following blogpost that discusses how to setup mobile “cohort” analysis with Report Builder.
How to Access:
- Clients must implement their app with the version 3.0 App SDKs to receive the lifecycle metrics and dimensions in Adobe Analytics. Visit the “Developer Connection” to download the SDK or read the documentation for each mobile platform.
- From the Admin Console interface, your Analytics admin can use the “Report Suite Manager” to enable the predefined mobile app reports for viewing by all users.
In an upcoming release, we plan to provide a new set of Appstore data reports that include metrics such as downloads, revenue, and ranking for your app across all major appstores.