[Posted by Ed Hadley, Senior Marketing Manager, Neolane, Inc.]
Last week, I recapped the six overarching themes that emerged from Neolane Evolution 2013. Most of that material came from the event’s keynote speakers, including Forrester Principal Analyst Shar VanBoskirk, Don Peppers from Peppers & Rogers Group, Neolane Chief Product Officer Surresh Vittal, and Neolane CEO Stephane Dehoche.
Today, I would like to focus on another significant portion of the agenda: customer presentations. More than 15 Neolane customers shared their stories over two days at Neolane Evolution. The results they have achieved with the help of Neolane are impressive and in some cases, amazing. Here, I’ve collected 25 of the best stats from those sessions.
- Genre-specific newsletters significantly outperformed batch: revenue per email grew 194% for science fiction and 167% for romance
- Well-timed emails to customers who purchased any book in a series – but not the next book – outperformed other tests by over 300% and are among highest-performing emails
- By including more copy and marketing messages in transactional emails, linked orders increased by 179% during the first two weeks
- Generator delivers more than 150 million targeted emails annually with Neolane and engages more than 1 billion social connections
- Social media dominates referral traffic (Facebook: 56%; Twitter: 28%; Email: 16%), while email produces the highest conversion rate (Email: ~5%; Facebook: 3%; Twitter: 2%)
- Generator used Neolane Social Marketing to create Johnny Cash Facebook app that grew list 20%, enriched subscriber profiles, and drove deeper engagement
- Thalys uses Neolane to deliver e-tickets (personalized in real time with QR codes) via email, mobile or SMS; in 2012, Neolane handled more than 2 million e-tickets.
- Within 10 months of implementing Neolane, Thalys’ marketing database grew more than 100% to 3.1 million contacts. By 2013, it had grown to 6.1 million contacts.
- EMI uses Neolane to send thousands of 1-to-1 campaigns across email, mobile and social media, and then measure results in real time
- Tristan Prettyman listening party Facebook app grew email list by 30%. Those contacts are 21% more engaged than others
- EMI Classics got a 50% conversion from click-to-sign up by posting a banner as a Facebook wall post, capturing an audience that might not normally click on a page.
- Real-time recommendations on the PMU website have generated a 200% increase in cross-sell revenue
- 76% of first-time sports bettors originate from interactive website 1:1 personalization
- On its website, PMU dynamically proposes a message to users with bad email addresses; this campaign has seen a 9% capture rate, an increase of 26%
- Since re-launching their loyalty campaign, Lindex has enrolled 150,000 new loyalty members while capturing 400% more mobile numbers and 90% more email addresses
- By leveraging more behavioral and triggered messaging, Lindex has increased email open rates from 18% to 35% and more than tripled the number of campaign
- Allianz reduced new campaign development from several months to 2 weeks
- By implementing data quality routines and enlarged lead funnel, Allianz has achieved £ six-figure benefits per quarter
- Allianz is targeting 7-figure revenue uplift as a result of incorporating attitudinal segmentation into lead management campaigns
The Marketing Store/Nissan:
- Working with The Marketing Store, Nissan has achieved a two-week reduction in major campaign lead time
- Nissan has seen its highest ever dealer engagement in marketing programs, as well as higher response rates
- The Marketing Store has helped keep Nissan and Infiniti near the forefront of customer service retention in the industry, with a 9:1 ROI on the overall program
- Lead optimization campaigns—with scores based on both content consumption and observed behaviors—have generated over $1.5M in qualified opportunities
- Neolane forms have much higher completion rate that other forms (over 25% compared to 10%) due to preloading of recipient data and no need for login
ACS Solutions Group/Baxter Credit Union (BCU):
- ACS Solutions Group helped BCU drive a 30% decrease in number of marketing processes
Since I wasn’t able to attend every customer presentation, I’m probably missing a few great customer stats. Leave a comment with additional stats gleaned from the sessions and I will update this post as needed.