This week’s articles include a look at what consumers expect from retail mobile sites, how far in advance buyers are researching products, and how retailers are looking to take advantage of the convergence of the Internet of Things (IoT), wearables, and opportunities to increase sales from those connected devices.
- “What Consumers Expect from Mobile Retail Sites” [eMarketer]: Mobile makes up sizeable share of US retail commerce traffic.
- “When Do Digital Buyers Research Products?” [eMarketer]: For many consumers, researching is key.
- “Big Brands Embrace Convergence of IoT, Wearables with Commerce” [Mobile Commerce Daily]: This year there is already a growing number of opportunities to drive sales from a myriad of smart devices in the home and elsewhere.
- “The Top 10 E-Commerce Days of the Holiday Season” [Internet Retailer]: Cyber Monday kept the top spot and Black Friday moved up a place, comScore data show.
- “Travel Marketing Budgets 2016: 5 Must-Watch Digital Trends” [net]: Travel marketing experts need to plan their digital budgets and strategies to make the most of their spend.
- “Is Travel Retailing Finally about to Take Off?” [Tnooz]: Many are now saying that 2016 is the year that travel retailing reaches a critical point in its evolution.