This week’s articles include a look at why consumers are not converting on mobile, the importance of removing operational silos to create a seamless shopping experience, and the next disruptor in retail: programmatic commerce.
- “Why Are Consumers Not Converting on Mobile?” [Mobile Commerce Daily]: Finding the ideal mobile cadence and optimizing mobile campaigns separately from desktop campaigns can help companies move the needle on mobile conversions.
- “How Do You Make Seamless Shopping a Reality?” [RetailingToday]: Operational silos are key areas companies can work to eliminate to get closer to the omnichannel experience.
- “The Next Big Thing in Retail: Programmatic Commerce” [Forbes]: The future of commerce could include a world in which purchases solved by data could automatically be handled for the consumer.
- “How Sephora Pairs Individual, Loyalty Data to Optimize Segmentation” [Mobile Commerce Daily]: Sephora has been successful in building an optimization culture and meshing the digital experience with the physical experience.
- “Six Tips to Improve Product Descriptions” [PracticalEcommerce]: Speaking in a language consumers understand and helping shoppers understand how a product helps them are two of the ways outlined in how to improve product descriptions on your site.
- “How Hotels Can Bridge the Conversion Gap” [Hospitalitynet]: Customized pricing and intent-based advertising are two methods hoteliers can leverage to drive new acquisitions and booking conversions.
- “The 5 Airline Websites Best Designed for Up Selling Flyers” [Skift]: Ancillary purchases have become important for most airlines, and here are five airline websites effective at upselling to consumers.
- “Digital State of the Travel Nation” [Tnooz]: Details of the requirements and challenges facing digital marketers in travel.