This week’s articles explore ways to use mobile to integrate the customer journey, differences between marketing mix modeling and attribution, methods of optimizing the long tail of SEO for retailers, and more.
- Marketing Mix Modeling vs. Attribution: Which One Is Right for Your Business? [MarketingProfs]: Lots of buzz exists around attribution — and understanding the main differences between media mix modeling and attribution is the first step in deciding what is right for your business.
- Retailers should tap mobile media to integrate the customer journey [Mobile Marketer]: Mobile still represents a tremendous opportunity for organizations that want to interact with consumers in a multitude of ways.
- SEO: How to Maximize the Long Tail [Practical Ecommerce]: Optimizing the long tail of products you have may involve developing an optimal architecture.
- UK Internet Users Click on Personalized Emails [eMarketer]: According to a new survey of UK users, personalizing marketing emails is the most influential method for motivating them to click.
- RetailMeNot’s future lies in data-based decisions for content-driven commerce [Mobile Commerce Daily]: The mobile coupling platform will be putting data at the forefront of it’s offerings and is suggesting other retailers do the same.
- Expedia escalates mobile travel disruption with innovation site, think tank [Mobile Marketer]: Expedia has started a new venture called “Expedia Labs” to showcase new technology and develop new Expedia apps and experiences.
- Hot industry trend: Video marketing for hotels [Hospitality Net]: Video represents a new opportunity for travel companies as more and more consumers expect video content.
- To Improve Foundational Customer Experience, Airlines Should Look To Operations [Skift]: Creating a connected airline with unified technology and a streamlined business process will be the expectation travelers have.