This week’s articles include a look at the upcoming ‘phygital’ holiday shopping season, the impact of mobile apps in web commerce, and the difficulty marketers continue to experience with cross-device attribution.
- Amazon To Dominate Digital, But Shoppers Still Set For A ‘Phygital’ Holiday Selling Season [Forbes]: Brick-and-mortar and online buying are poised to reach a tipping point as shoppers look to buy online and pick up in store for the upcoming holiday season.
- Mobile apps outpace mobile Web commerce for first time: report [Mobile Commerce Daily]: Mobile is the fast-growing e-commerce channel, and mobile apps make up the majority of mobile transactions.
- Cross-Device Attribution Still Difficult for Marketers [eMarketer]: A significant gap still exists between companies’ priorities to understand cross-device engagements and their abilities to do so.
- 6 Ways Machine Learning Will Impact Ecommerce [Practical Ecommerce]: Improved product search, better onsite merchandising, and enhanced fraud detection are ways artificial intelligence (AI) will change the future of commerce.
- Key Drivers of Digital Transformation Are Also Key Challenges [eMarketer]: Understanding the behavior of a new customer and lacking the data to justify the value of transformation are two of companies’ key challenges.
- The Hoteliers Wake-Up Call [Hospitality Net]: Building relationships with guests may require hotels to change their communication and engagement strategies.
- In online reviews who responds and length of response are important [Tnooz]: For upscale hotels, longer replies to reviews are better, while with mid-market and budget hotels, it’s better for an executive to respond concisely.
- 2017 Digital Marketing Roadmap: What You Need To Know [Hospitality Net]: A guide to planning out your digital and social media plans for 2017.