This week’s articles explore key marketing strategies retailers should look at in 2017; ways retail brands can leverage mobile for the direct-to-consumer channel; and an overview of paid, earned, shared, and owned media from a retail lens.
- 7 Paid Marketing Strategies Retail Brands Should Be Testing in 2017 [CPC Strategy]: These key paid marketing areas — such as artificial intelligence (AI), content marketing, and mobile — are important places for retailers to test this year.
- How Retail Brands Should Reimagine DTC In A Mobile Only World [Forbes]: Driven by technology, brands are increasingly looking to the direct-to-consumer (DTC) model as a means of expanding their opportunity to interact directly with consumers.
- Ecommerce Marketing: Paid, Earned, Shared, Owned [Practical Ecommerce]: An overview of the standard PESO — paid, earned, shared, and owned — model of organizing e-commerce marketing.
- Study: 89% of retailers will arm associates with mobile tech in next 3 years [Retail Dive]: This could help curb consumers’ perceptions that they are more knowledgable than store associates.
- ‘Alexa, What Impact Will You Have On Retail?’ [Forbes]: The virtual assistant is adding to the complexity of the retail landscape while boosting demand for Amazon’s Prime membership.