This week’s articles examine nontraditional ways in which retailers can grow their ecommerce businesses, ways to avoid common segmentation mistakes, and five areas to focus on to drive additional ecommerce revenue.
- A Brief Guide to Contrarian Ecommerce Marketing [Practical Ecommerce]: Digital advertising and SEO are not the only ways to grow an ecommerce business.
- Seven Segmentation Mistakes That Will Cost Your Business Money [MarketingProfs]: Not having clean data, not identifying the right goal, and using a small amount of data are all included in the challenges marketers can run into when trying to take advantage of segmented data.
- 5 Secrets To Boosting Ecommerce Revenue [Forbes]: Integrating social into the buying process, publishing amazing content, and writing better product descriptions are all ways you could drive added revenue to your site.
- Attribution Is Becoming More of a Priority for Marketers [eMarketer]: Lack of knowledge or experience and high costs have prevented marketers from adopting more advanced attribution methods.
- The 4 Fundamental Attributes of Customer Loyalty, Part 3 [E-commerce Times]: Contextual interactions allow for better, more personalized experiences and are important in creating long-term loyalty.
- Most Retail Email Subscribers Are Not Customers [eMarketer]: More than half of email-list subscribers weren’t customers of the retailers that emailed them.
- Adobe finds more evidence desktop dominates US travel booking despite mobile growth [Tnooz]: While 52 percent of consumers browse on mobile devices, only 21 percent of travel sales occur on smartphones or tablets.
- TripAdvisor’s CEO Says That Apps Are the Key to Future Success [Skift]: Steve Kaufer sees apps as the future of travel and is adjusting the company’s marketing strategy accordingly.
- The automation and personalization conundrum [Tnooz]: Based on a recent survey, the opinion is mixed for the impact Internet of Things (IoT) will have on travelers’ experiences.