Create Unlimited Folios Today with InDesign CS5.5

No additional charge to preview and share

Did you know…

Customers with InDesign CS5 and CS5.5 can now create an unlimited number of .folio files for no additional charge.

You already know that InDesign CS5 and CS5.5 integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to allow customers to publish apps to tablet devices such as the iPad, Xoom and PlayBook. But for InDesign CS5 and CS5.5 customers who are interested in creating content for tablet devices but are not yet customers, it is now easier than ever to try digital publishing before making the financial investment in the Digital Publishing Suite solution that meets your needs.

InDesign CS5 and CS5.5 customers can now:

• Create an unlimited number of .folio files in InDesign
  • Preview them on Adobe Content Viewer  – including interactivity – to see how they will render when published to a tablet device
  • Share them with colleagues or clients on a 1:1 basis via the Adobe Content Viewer

Further, customers can now access the Folio Producer Service in the Digital Publishing Suite with a valid Adobe ID to manage and edit their .folio files. All of this can be done before purchasing Digital Publishing Suite.

If you are interested in learning how to create an App directly from InDesign CS5 or CS5.5, without writing code or depending on a developer, feel free to try it. You can pitch ideas to your client or your boss; or you can build a portfolio of your work and preview it on a tablet device. Practice makes perfect, and with an unlimited number of .folios, you can practice as much as you want! When you’re ready to publish to an app store, you can select the Digital Publishing Suite solution that is right for you.

COMMENTS

• By Wa Veghel - 9:05 PM on April 3, 2012

What kind of Acrobat.com supscription do we need forbthe unlimited folios? Can we do this with a free Acrobat.com account or do we need a basic account?

• By richarddendy - 4:39 PM on March 26, 2012

in indesign cs5.5 i’m trying to use my folio builder, but after signing in, i receive this message ( Sign In has failed.[svr.Unknown].

i have made folios/articles and viewed them before in cs5, while in the beta program. if i can’t sign into folio builder, i don’t know how i will be able to produce anything.

also, i am very interested in how to create multiple folios. i can clearly see my folio in adobe’s folio producer editor, but can’t access this or create new, because i can’t use folio builder.

thanks

• By Alyssa - 5:38 PM on March 19, 2012

I also just started using indesign 5 and it’s awesome. I mean there are so many great things you can do with it. AMAZING. luv it. :D I think that it’s just a great tool to use.

• By James Stewart - 2:13 PM on March 14, 2012

If I want to produce and publish 3 apps to the iPad app store, can this be done with Single Edition and will these apps work on other tablet devices?

• By Marieke Bonsma - 3:14 PM on February 12, 2012

I bought: Adobe CS5.5 Design Premium / Web Premium bundel (Site-License) NL.

I downloaded: Folio Producer tools for InDesign CS5.5 – all languages.
    But it doesn’t work…
    Can you tell me what to do so that I can make .folio files?

Marieke

• By Michiel Meekels - 8:06 PM on January 24, 2012

Dear… is it possible to buy the Single Edition in Belgium (Europe)?

• By Aleisha - 2:23 AM on January 16, 2012

Are single and pro editions available in NZ? With the pro edition do you have to pay the 10,000 download fee of $3kUSD or can you pay per download? Or is there a smaller download bundle to be purchased for smaller countries?

• By Doug - 5:38 PM on January 13, 2012

I just started using InDesign CS5 and it is fantastic!

I understand that InDesign 5 and InDesign 5.5 are practically the same when it comes to digital publishing functionality. I created 1 folio and was able to view it on my iPad via Adobe Content Viewer app. Awesome! I want to make more folios. A bunch. I want them all on my app. I want to share them with co-workers too.

Questions:
    How many folio’s can I upload to the Adobe App? I would like to have many available to view. A selection if you will.

How do I share them with others?

Can this be done with InDesign CS5 alone or do I need to upgrade? If so, which plan will allow me to achieve this expectation?

• By deborah - 4:31 PM on December 30, 2011

just started using this in indesign 5 and it is fantastic! so many great ways to showcase work and create interactive pubs.
    what is the difference between indesign 5 and 5.5 if i have downloaded overlay creator and folio builder? is there new functionality?
    if i purchase DPS single edition i can share 1:1, but if i want to publish to the app store what is the cost per app?

• By Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Team - 10:36 PM on January 11, 2012

Hi Deborah, there is no difference in functionality between InDesign CS5 and 5.5 if you have installed the Folio Producer tools. And sharing 1-1 is FREE for anyone with ID + Folio Producer tools, publishing to iPad app store with Single Edition is $395. Hope that helps!

• By Topher - 5:55 PM on November 8, 2011

This is really exciting and makes working on several publications at once a lot easier. Fingers crossed that this ability doesn’t go away.

• By Kat - 4:43 PM on November 4, 2011

We want to take our publication to iPad in a magazine format. We have a file built in ID5.5 to port over to the iPad with all the bells and whistles we need with the overlay tool.

Do we have to pay anything to upload the folio and get it to the iPad? We just want to show it at a conference on the iPad.

thanks!

• By Robin Kanters - 11:04 AM on November 2, 2011

Monica, I think you mean somethinf different from what yoy just said. CS stands for Creative Suite so you just said “Adobe Creative Suite Creative Suite 5.5″. For example, I own a copy of the “Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium”.

• By Scott - 12:33 AM on October 28, 2011

As a freelancer I cannot thank you all enough for this expanded preview capabilities.

• By Lhuis Sepúlveda - 9:43 PM on October 26, 2011

I think it’s great choice and technology publication, today unfortunately there is little information concerning the price for publications, a clear example, in Chile today there is no activation and prices available for now only possible with Mexico (www.dalai. com), I think it would be good to clarify publishing options and pricing for each country for downloads, greetings!

• By Lhuis Sepúlveda - 9:43 PM on October 26, 2011

• By Monica - 8:14 PM on October 26, 2011

I’ve already Adobe Creative Suite CS 5.5 for Mac OS and I’m interested to learn better InDesign.