Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition available to Creative Cloud members
Targeted to design professionals working in or serving small businesses, Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition delivers integration with InDesign CS6, enabling designers to leverage their existing skills, retain creative control, and expand their design services to tablet publishing. Designers can easily create tablet apps for the Apple iPad, such as brochures, portfolios, annual reports, and more.
For customers interested in publishing to additional platforms (Kindle, Android) and publishing multi-issue apps, Adobe Digital Publishing Suite offers Pro and Enterprise editions that might be better suited to meet your needs.
Key features of Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition include:
- Ability to design and submit single-issue apps to the Apple App Store without writing code
- Streamlined workflow tailored for designers, including integration with InDesign
- Rapid testing and preview directly to iPad (Mac OS required)
- Dual-definition design: The ability to design and build one app that is optimized for HD and SD (iPad 1 & iPad2)
- Ability to update Single Edition app after it has been submitted to and approved by the Apple App Store
- Viewer Builder has been re-branded as DPS App Builder
Important information for customers who are interested in using DPS, Single Edition:
- You will need to register as an Apple Developer and pay the $99 annual fee.
- DPS App Builder is a Mac-only application. Also, Apple requires that you use a Mac to submit your app to the Apple App Store.
- You will need to install the Digital Publishing Suite Desktop Tools update in InDesign.
There will be many resources available on September 19, including:
- Step-by-Step Guide to Publishing iPad Apps with DPS, Single Edition (this will be available on the DPS App Builder and on the Getting Started Page for CC members)
- Series of Adobe TV videos, featuring Digital Publishing Suite Evangelist Colin Fleming, will be available on the Getting Started Page and also here.
- Customer stories
We are excited to announce that on September 18, 2012, at 9:01 pm PDT, Creative Cloud members will be able to submit an unlimited number of DPS, Single Edition apps to the Apple App store.
DPS, Single Edition will continue to be available as a standalone product on Adobe.com for $395 / app. The improved workflow and new features will be applicable to standalone customers as well, but only Creative Cloud members will be able to submit unlimited apps at no additional cost. Finally, DPS, SE standalone is compatible with CS5, CS5.5 and CS6.