June 3, 2013
By Sonia Sawhney
It’s Corporate Publishing week on the Digital Publishing Suite blog! This week, we are featuring presentations, stories, and an app of the week video on how brands and corporations are using Digital Publishing Suite to accelerate their mobile marketing. From sales tools and training materials to brand engagement and customer communications publications, businesses are using mobile apps to engage their constituents with immersive, interactive publications that drive consideration, purchase and loyalty.
Without a doubt, companies and brands have increasingly recognized the value of interweaving tablet and mobile strategies into the marketing mix. In this video from Digital Publishing Summit, Jeffrey Hammond, Vice President, Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, discusses emerging trends, best practices, and how companies can leverage this research to create successful mobile, app, and tablet strategies.
After surveying 175 organizations, Forrester Research found that nearly 1/3 of companies had mobile phone strategies for at least two years. Companies often developed native apps for each platform, but soon thereafter recognized the need to update these apps several times per year. As the industry matured, the time came to revisit these immersive engagement strategies. Listen as Jeffrey explains the differences between mobile strategies vs. tablet strategies and how the use cases are expected to diverge over the next few years.
Key data points from Forrester Research include:
- Nearly 1/3 of companies have had mobile phone strategy for at least 2 years
- 13% have had a strategy for at least 3 years
- 58% of companies have a strategy for tablets that is independent from mobile phone strategy
- 81% consider tablet strategy to be an extension of mobile phone strategy
- In 3-5 years, there will be fewer overlapping use cases between mobile phones and the PC or tablet. The number of use cases for tablets will expand dramatically.
Watch this video, “Forrester Research: Integrate Apps in the Marketing Mix,” to see what function mobile plays in the marketing mix, the role of apps and the mobile web, and how to take advantage of these emerging trends to connect with your stakeholders.