If you are accessing PDF files in the browser from a secure site (i.e. over a HTTPS connection), then you may be presented with a grey blank page, rather than the PDF file. Hitting “Refresh” in the browser will display the PDF file correctly.
This is a bug in the 10.1.2 version of Acrobat/Reader and has been resolved in the next quarterly release of Acrobat/Reader 10.1.3. Update to 10.1.3 to resolve this issue, or use the workaround below if you cannot update to 10.1.3 immediately.
1. Open Acrobat or Reader.
2. Choose Help > Check for Updates.
Reader/Acrobat will install the update automatically.
If you prefer, you can download and install the update yourself. Click the appropriate link below and locate the 10.1.3 update.
- Log in to your computer as an Administrator.
- Click the link to download the AdobeAcrobatReaderPatch10.1.2_cpsid_93026.zip file.
- Unzip the file to extract the executable AdobeAcrobatReaderPatch10.1.2_cpsid_93026.exe.
- Close Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader if it is running.
- Do one of the following to run the AdobeAcrobatReaderPatch10.1.2_cpsid_93026.exe file:
- Double-click the AdobeAcrobatReaderPatch10.1.2_cpsid_93026.exe file.
- Run the AdobeAcrobatReaderPatch10.1.2_cpsid_93026.exe file in silent mode by specifying the -silent flag on the command line. Open the command prompt ‘As Administrator’ to avoid UAC prompt dialog.
Example: <path to AdobeAcrobatReaderPatch10.1.2_cpsid_93026.exe> -silent
- Once the process is completed, you receive a prompt stating the result of the operation. You can choose to restart the system (if prompted) at that moment or later, but a restart will be needed to ensure that the fix has been applied correctly.
Note: When run in silent mode, all dialog boxes are suppressed. No success message or error message appear.
- A log is created in the temp directory (%temp%) with the name AcroPatchApplication1012.log. (The changes sometimes only take effect after you restart your computer)
This issue is also being discussed in the following forums: