If you are using the Newsletter feature in MCM to send emails to lists of contacts you may notice that the URLs for assets in the email are pointing to the author instance, rather than the publish instance. The links to the author instance will not work for external users, so the assets in the email will not show up.
This is a documentation issue as there is some further configuration required to substitute the links in the newsletter email so they point to the publish instance, rather than the author instance. This will be addressed in a later version of CQ.
To resolve this issue in the meantime you should do the following steps:
- login to the system console on author (e.g. http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr)
- in the configuration tab search for the “Day CQ MCM Newsletter” bundle and open it
- take note of the fake host name in “Lookup for Sender Host” field (by default it is –publish–), i.e. the field should have http://–publish– in it
- open CRXDE Lite and goto /etc/map/http
- create a Node named –publish– of type sling:Mapping
- add a String property sling:match with value –publish–.80
- add a String property sling:redirect with value of your publish instance host name or IP including port(e.g. http://publishhost:4503)
- click Save All
Now when you send the newsletter it should substitute the author URL with the publish URL.