3 Reasons You Should Be Using Workflow Designer in Adobe Sign
Every company has unique business needs and processes. Contracts and agreements in different functional areas, such as sales or HR, often require different signature and approval steps. Adobe Sign Workflow Designer empowers you to easily build signature and approval processes that are tailor-made to your business. If you don’t already rely on Workflow Designer in your organization, we urge you to explore this self-service workflow customization tool now.
Workflow Designer is available for Adobe Sign Enterprise tier customers, and can be accessed by account or group administrators. Admins have the best view of the business processes in the company or department; they understand the team and user needs, and they know all the business process must-haves. Workflow Designer puts them in the driver’s seat, so they can build and refine processes that will make key signature and approval tasks easy and efficient for users (and themselves), while ensuring compliance and control for the business.
Admins now have the power to define all aspects of signature and approval workflows:
- Routing sequence
- Documents to be included
- Information to be provided by sender
- Detailed end user instructions
- Event-triggered emails
- Default messages, documents, and recipients
- Much more
3 reasons to get started now
See how Workflow Designer can benefit your organization by taking a look at the value it brings to the following constituents:
- Value to the business – consistent workflow, control of the process
- Customized workflows created with Workflow Designer provide consistency across the organization.
- With triggered steps, auto-filled information, detailed instructions, and other controls for every workflow, there are no “rogue” users or processes that fall short of compliance requirements.
- Value to the admin – define it once and use again, or build as many custom templates as you need
- Once you create a workflow template, it can be used again and again, saving countless hours of repeat effort.
- The intuitive drag-and-drop editor makes it fast and easy to design and manage as many templates as your business requires.
- Workflow Designer supports self-service creation of both simple and complex workflows that can include predefined names, roles, and routings; emails sent to participants; agreement expiration options; security and password controls; and more.
- Value to the business user– guided send experience increases speed, reduces error
- Custom workflows with detailed instructions, guided steps, and pre-populated fields will steer users through the send experience, so process steps are followed consistently with fewer errors.
- Perhaps most importantly, the easy-to-follow e-signature process results in speedier transaction times. Contracts are signed faster, accelerating business.
Ready to start? Here’s how:
Administrators can find Workflow Designer under Account > Workflows in Adobe Sign (see screenshot). The Adobe Sign Workflow Designer Guide walks admins through the following steps to learn the tool:
- Creating a custom workflow
- Sending with a custom workflow
- Signing and approving with a custom workflow
- Editing a custom workflow
Finally, be sure to use best practices
We outlined the below best practices in an earlier blog post to help you get the most from Workflow Designer.
- Map out the full process before you start
- Set defaults for emails and documents.
- Include instructions for your senders.
- Use relevant recipient names.
- Clone and modify to save time.