Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Document Cloud open a whole world of possibilities. This new blog series, Document Cloud Magic with Acrobat DC, will focus on ways to unlock, this new potential. Let’s start by looking at Adobe Fill & Sign DC. To envision, imagine this scenario:
You’re dropping your son off at the bus stop before heading over to the train station (where you commute to work). As the bus rounds the corner, panic fills his face — he forgot to have you sign the permission slip for today’s field trip. No time to fill it out now! You take the paper permission slip from him, and tell him not to worry. You’ll get it to the teacher before he even arrives at school.
It’s easy to fill and sign paper documents on mobile devices using the new Adobe Fill & Sign DC mobile app*. Follow these simple steps:
1. Tap to open the Adobe Fill & Sign DC mobile app.
2. Tap Select a form to fill out and choose Take a Picture from the menu.
3. Use the white button to take a picture, and then tap Use Photo and tap Done in the upper right corner.
4. At the bottom of the app, tap the Crop tool and use the guides to crop the image. Tap Done when finished.
5. Use the Magic Wand tool to clean the image if necessary. Tap Done when finished.
6. Tap anywhere on the page to create a field. Press and hold to select annotations such as checkmarks.
7. Tap the Signature button at the bottom of the app to add your signature. Use a stylus or your finger to sign in the signature field. Move and place the signature field.
8. Tap the Profile button at the bottom of the app to get pre-filled values such as your name and date. You just need to fill in this information once, and then you can use it on all future forms you complete with the Fill & Sign app.
9. Once the form is complete, tap the Share button in the lower right corner to email.
The desktop version of Acrobat DC also has the Fill & Sign tool. To learn more, check out this short video:
In the past, forgetting a permission slip would mean your child had to skip out on the fun, but this is no longer the case! The Adobe Fill & Sign DC mobile app allows you to easily fill, sign, and send any type of form. Be sure to subscribe to the Adobe Document Cloud blog to learn more about Document Cloud Magic with Acrobat DC.