Flash Player 10.2 now available for mobile devices

Flash Player 10.2 is now available for download on Android Market.  This is a production GA (General Availability) release for Android 2.2 (Froyo) and 2.3 (Gingerbread) devices and an initial beta release for Android 3.x (Honeycomb) tablets that include at least Google’s 3.0.1 system update.*  To see if your device is certified for Flash Player 10.2, visit: http://www.adobe.com/go/cd1.

The beta of Flash Player 10.2 for Android 3.x is an exciting release that brings a full web browsing experience, including video, games and other interactive content, to the latest Android tablets. We have been working very closely with Google through the development of this beta to ensure tight integration and optimization between Flash Player 10.2 and new OS and browser capabilities.

Improvements include:

• Performance enhancements to take advantage of new hardware in both Android 3.x tablets, as well as existing hardware in many Android 2.2 and 2.3 devices
  • Tight integration with the new Android 3.x browser to treat Flash content as part of the web page instead of as a separate “overlay.”  This results in improved scrolling of web pages and the ability to display pages in the way intended by the page designer, including new support for compositing HTML and other web content over Flash Player rendered content.
  • Automatic soft keyboard support to simplify text entry for rich mobile and multi-screen experiences

We are working to complete additional optimizations of the interaction between Flash Player and the new browser before releasing a production GA version of Flash Player 10.2 for Android 3.x in the coming weeks, at which point we intend to enable hardware acceleration and Stage Video support in the production GA release.

These optimizations are expected to provide a better “embedded” in-browser experience, comparable to the full screen experience with this beta, and to also provide improved playback of many 720p high definition videos (including full screen). In the meantime, the best way to experience the performance potential of this beta and to enjoy an immersive Flash content experience is to view Flash content full screen.**

We hope you enjoy all of the rich web experiences that Flash Player 10.2 delivers to Android devices.  As always, you can visit m.flash.com <http://m.flash.com> for great examples of websites which show off what you can do on your device with Flash Player.

* Note, today’s release includes the security update addressing the Flash Player vulnerability announced on March 14: http://www.adobe.com/support/security/advisories/apsa11-01.html

** The best way to switch to full screen mode is to use buttons provided by many content providers, but it is also possible to tap content once, followed by a long tap, to bring down a button in the upper left corner which can be tapped to force full screen mode. For best performance with the beta we recommend viewing video in 480P or below.  Improved 720P video playback will be included in the production GA release of Flash Player 10.2 for Android 3.x.

116 Responses to Flash Player 10.2 now available for mobile devices

1. Pingback: Flash Player 10.2 available for download on Android Market | biskero

2. kev says:

Works awesome on htc Desire HD :)

• mike says:

I updated (phone came with 10.1) to 10.2 and I’m not sure that its even enabled. I went to a page and it said I needed to get a newer version of Adobe flash. Wth?
      When I went to settings- manage apps- Adobe. All options are greyed out and there’s no cache like it hasn’t been used. I’m not a wizz with all this stuff, but I’m not a nincompoop either.lol. any info on gettin this right would be greatly appreciated.

3. Pingback: Adobe Releases New Flash for Android–with Caveats | Ina Fried | Mobilized | AllThingsD

4. honey says:

Good job on the desire hd.

5. Pingback: الفلاش 10.2 متوفر الآن في سوق الأندرويد | Ardroid | أردرويد

6. Pingback: Adobe Delivers Flash 10.2 for Android Smartphones, Tablets

7. foo says:

Will there be a version of Flash 10.2 for webOS?

8. Pingback: Download Flash Player 10.2 for Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.0 devices

9. Dylan says:

Great work, takes advantage of both cores in my Atrix 4g!

10. Vuong Nguyen says:

That news is really great. As a Android user, I have been waiting for a long times. Thanks Adobe team.

11. Pingback: Central Penn Adobe User Group | Blog | Flash 10.2 arrives for Android mobile devices; brings Flash to tablets

12. Turghon says:

I despair of seeing him on Maemo devices.

13. Rhonda Harden says:

I am happy to finally have flash player for my new Xoom BUT, it does not work with Fronterville on Facebook. Plus some web pages seem to be affected and don’t work correctly. This is a big problem for me as getting the Xoom was so I could be with my family and still keep up on Fronterville (Facebook) without be suck in another room away from my family. Please find a fix for this so games on Facebook work.

Thank you!!!!,,

14. Awesome news. Finally out.

15. It runs amazingly in my Desire HD. I was impressed to see heavy Flex applications running on my DHD web-browser! Excellent work!

16. Nathan says:

Troubles on fancast but other sites working well.

17. Nathan says:

Troubles on fancast but other sites working well. Using the Motorola Xoom.

18. Pingback: Adobe Systems has announced that Flash Player 10.2 is now available for download on Android Market « eComTech

19. Pingback: Adobe Systems has announced that Flash Player 10.2 is now available for download on Android Market. « eComBizcenter

20. Pingback: Flash Player 10.2 บน Android ออกแล้ว

21. Pingback: Adobe Flash 10.2 For Android

22. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.2 for Mobile Devices hits the Android Market

23. Pingback: Flash Player 10.2 is available for download on Android Market | Adobe Flash Lite

24. Pingback: Flash Player 10.2 Hits Android Market | Do It Yourself Home Remodeling and Home Repair

25. Paul Spain says:

What happened to Flash for Windows Phone 7? Adobe announced it last year but nothing seems to have eventuated.

• Ken says:

I too am looking for Adobe Flash Player for my Windows Phone 7… any clue when that might happen…
      Thanks Ken

• yes please, come on Adobe, the Windows Phone 7 operating system has been out for a fair amount of time now and yet you are dragging your feet on releasing the updated and much needed flash player for this device. COME ON NOW, THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!!

26. len says:

I do not like the new flash player. I cant even see any youtube videos. and i cant even change the setting to disable the fast acceleration.

27. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player Team Blog: Flash Player 10.2 now available for mobile devices | RealEyes Media

28. Pingback: Flash Player 10.2 para Android » BlocketPc

29. Pingback: Cell Phones Mp3 Player | FIND CELLPHONES AND ACCESSORIES

30. Pingback: FlexVN » Flash Player 10.2 is available for download on Android Market

31. Pingback: Flash Player 10.2 now available for mobile devices « Adobe Flash … – We are Freaky about Phones

32. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.2 Launched in Android Market | androideep.com

33. Pingback: Flash 10.2 addresses shortcomings on Android

34. Pingback: Flash 10.2 addresses shortcomings on Android « Mohinder's Blog

35. Geb Hadush says:

Works well on G2

36. Pingback: Flash 10.2 Lands on Android Honeycomb Tablets and Improves on Phones [Downloads] | That Soviet Guy

37. Pingback: soft android – softandroid.com» Flash 10.2 Arrives On Android Tablets And Phones

38. Pingback: Adobe releases Flash 10.2 for Android, patches vulnerabilities

39. Pingback: Android / Adobe выпустила Flash Player 10.2 для Android | Новости Hi-Tech мира

40. fill says:

ok, why not support FreeBSD OS?

41. Pingback: Android / Adobe выпустила Flash Player 10.2 для Android | Биг Бабло Библия (сс)

42. Pingback: Flash 10.2 addresses shortcomings on Android | Source Of Drivers

43. Pingback: Biţi şi baiţi cu arome de fast food. IBM-cazul valiza, Adobe Player 10.2 pentru Android | Business Cover

44. Pingback: Adobe Fixes Critical Vulnerabilities in Flash Across the Desktop and on Android

45. karan says:

I wanted to know what version of abode will support samsung galaxy ace 5830

46. Jerry says:

HTC Desire and Desire HD have a serious memory leak issue with Flash 10.2. Users are advised to downgrade back to 10.1. Not sure who is to blame, but it’s a tragedy that Adobe didn’t fully test this on this very popular phone before releasing 10.2.

• Antonio Flores says:

Hi Jerry,

I’d like to better understand the memory issue you’re seeing, but don’t seem to have a valid email address for you. Please respond with a valid email address where I can contact you. Thank you.

Regards,

Antonio

47. Pingback: Flash 10.2 addresses shortcomings on Android « Soft for life

48. Pingback: Flash 10.2 addresses shortcomings on Android | RegionalForward.info

49. Keep things updated guys, great work!

50. Tuppu says:

When the flash player update is coming to maemo 5/nokia n900 ?
    There is a lot of n900 users waiting for it !

51. Russell kalberer says:

Damn shame no flash adobe on I-Pad. When ?

52. Dave White says:

Hi Antonio, Jerry is indeed correct, there is a MAJOR memory leak problem on phones in the HTC Desire family (including G2 aka Desire Z). You only have to read the comments on the Android Market to see this. Basically it causes complete freezes and lockups, sometimes leading to the battery having to be pulled out to fix. This was not a problem on 10.1.

Regards,

Dave White

• Antonio Flores says:

Thanks for your feedback. We are investigating are in the process of investigating this issue.

Antonio

53. jerrad says:

this update is worthless there is no armv6 support. my htc aria is just as powerful the then most armv7 phones. lots of people want armv6 support you should listen to the community.

54. jerrad says:

the htc aria has more power than the droid yet it gets flash player 10.2 do you think that is fair

55. Pingback: Unity Goes Flash | Flash Video Traning Source

56. Kevin Young says:

What is the flash player version and how should it be downloaded in my Samsung Galaxy Ace?Nothing appears in the android market.

• mulan says:

Kevin Samsung Ace does not support Samsung Galaxy Ace. Not every Andoid Froyo phones can support Flash –it depends on some hardware requirement also

57. Maxi says:

When is flash released for Symbian^3?

58. Rahul saikia says:

I cant upload photo on facebook

59. Gabi says:

I installed it on my HTC Desire running Froyo (Android 2.2) and it has a serious memory leak. Everytime I enter an internet site containing “Flash” animations the phone memory is reduced and reduced. Only reboot helps. Where can I download on older version ?

• Tom K says:

Installed in Desire and noticed it use 12mb of phone memory just to install. assume 10.1 was part of the last upgrade to 2.2 and still sits in the rom Too much memory to give away for me. Upgrade can be uninstalled like any other application Hope it will be part of 2.3 and the Desire memory leak reported by some users is fixed.

60. Markesium says:

I mean still!! You killing Android 2.1 devices out there. I have an LG Optimus GT540 which is more than capable at running flash even though its factory capped at 600MHz which can b rooted and put up to 750-800Mhz!! (nearly 1Ghz). Surely can’t you develop something for the android 2.1 devices atleast the 10.1 flash for us? We are no different to 2.2 users.

Theres recently an .apk that has been released about Flash 10.1 for Android 2.1 devices. Now i’ve downloaded mine followed on-screen instructions yet I cannot get the Flash to work, theres still a blue lego cube with 2 “?”. I was wondering that did you purposely make the Flash for only the phones such as Motorola or HTC??
    And if you can help me get this Flash to work, then please reply.

61. Vincent Poy says:

My comment is that in all versions of Adobe Flash for Android ever released and in beta, excluding this one which has already been leaked, my issue is on my Motorola Droid 1 with froyo 2.2 FRG83G or any other build of froyo for that matter, flash will play fine and then the entire flash process appears to get killed by the OS which also kills any browser I use, stock and Dolphin HD at the same time as the phone runs out of memory but flash will work fine if I use swapper which does a file based vm/swapfile so obviously, flash is using too much resources.

62. Gabi says:

Bye bye Flash. I just uninstalled the flash 10.2 and the phone web browsing backs to the good behavior. I will wait for a fixed version. Sorry.

About The software versions:
    Android: 2.2
    Kernel:2.6.32.15-leedroid_2.3
    Browser version: WebKit 3.1

Somebody needs more ? Please ask for it.

63. Rakesh says:

very Advanced software

64. Ricky Doya says:

Hmm.. so flash works.. sort of. Xfinity, Hulu, and other streaming sites still not working on the Xoom. I see now why Steve Jobs was right about flash and mobile devices.

65. phil says:

Is it realistic expectation to add app2sd functionality? A lot of popular phones lack sufficient on-board storage and this upgrade packs a 12mb footprint… it’s a far bigger consideration than many app makers give it credit for…

66. mads says:

Will there be a version that worls lg p500 (optimus one)

67. Peter Pissedon says:

As I see here, you know for some time that you’re killing Desires and other HTC devices with your 10.2 update but still haven’t done anything about it….. grrrrrrrrrr work!!!

68. mike says:

How can I tell if its workin?

69. Granik says:

Why are you not support ARMv6?

70. Bill S. says:

Does not work with Samsung Intercept at all. The install is blocked by adobe, and manually installing the .APK is blocked by the phone, even when installing unknown apps is turned on.

I blame Samsung and Virgin Mobile more than Adobe, but some of the fault lies with Adobe as well…

71. Pingback: Daily Mobile News » Flash 10.2 Updated: Includes Hardware Accelerated Video and Enhanced Browser Integration for Android 3.1? (Updated)

72. Pingback: Flash 10.2 Updated: Includes Hardware Accelerated Video and Enhanced Browser Integration for Android 3.1? (Updated) | LetAndroid | Android News

73. Pingback: Updated Adobe Flash 10.2 Player Requires Android 3.1 to Take Advantage of All Features

74. Pingback: Updated Adobe Flash 10.2 Player Requires Android 3.1 to Take Advantage of All Features « Tech Remix

75. dneato says:

The reason why you can’t stream on your device is because xfinity, hulu, etc; blocks mobile devices by browser type. Seems like in the future it will be a pay service. Your phone is fully capable of doing these things and in fact was until Hulu caught on a few years back. Should be free like on a PC but I guess if you can make a quick buck off it…

76. Pingback: ANDROID NIGERIA » Blog Archive » Adobe Releases Major Update To Flash 10.2, Including Enhancements For Honeycomb

77. Pingback: Adobe Ships Flash Player 10.2 for Android 3.0 Tablets | Apptomized

78. Pingback: Adobe Flash Play 10.2 For Android 3.0 Available «

79. Pingback: Adobe Ships Flash Player 10.2 for Android 3.0 Tablets | hunor2t2

80. daniel says:

just waiting for Adobe flash player 10 for maemo 5/ nokia n 900
    i think Nokia has forgotten N900 !!!!!!

81. Dan says:

Well, not seem to work on my HTC Thunderbolt ? Version 2.2.1 on this Android

82. Pingback: Sistema Operativo Android y Aplicativo Flash Player at Gana lo Que Quieras Ya! Dinero desde Internet

83. scott simonson says:

What would b the best for the motor rolla click. For flash or air

84. mark says:

won’t Maemo5/N900 users ever have this update? it’s a shame that you got to demo it on our platform but do not intend to release it…

• Emmy Huang says:

Adobe doesn’t provide the Nokia port directly, so please contact Nokia for an update.

85. Pingback: Los Blogs y El Tablet at Gana lo Que Quieras Ya! Dinero desde Internet

86. THANK YOU FOR TRYING SO HARD, ANTONIO & ADOBE!

87. prankster says:

this is pathetic if no body knows how to get a flashplayer update for maemo browsing on N900 ? is there anything regarding that ?please be on it ))

• Emmy Huang says:

Adobe works with partners, such as Nokia, through our Open Screen Project and does not directly provide Flash Player for all platforms. Please contact Nokia for information about the N900 device.

88. Marcus says:

Oh my gosh I had no idea that my LG-P500 would not work with Adobe Flash 10.2 or 10.3 or any Flash that I am aware of. I loved the phone so I told my wife to go buy one too and now I find out I cant use FLASH. Please some one fix this for me!

89. carl says:

Does any1 know if there’s a flashplayer for my LG gt540 as can’t find anything.plus is there an upgrade for my android software?

90. Myles says:

Anyone know if there is an Adobe Flash Player for the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V (Android 2.2.1), and if so how to go about downloading and installing it, and getting it working/running correctly?

I can’t find Adobe Flash Player in the Android Market on my phone anywhere, not even when I have the box checked to allow non market/unknown source apps to be downloaded and installed!

My device is more than able to support flash, I can find many apps in the Andriod Market, on my Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V, that say they require Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or newer in order to run, as well as a couple other apps that say they support a few forms of flash, but don’t work with any of those that specifically say they require Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or newer!

For this reason, and the fact that my device can, and does, run youtube and all video, audio, etc. apps/files that don’t use Adobe Flash Player, and that Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe AIR are both easily found in the android market on my phone, as well as flash box and other plug-ins for Adobe Flash Player, just goes to prove that Adobe Flash Player must be comparable with the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V, otherwise these other apps, plug-ins for and apps that require Adobe Flash Player, would not be compatable and therefore not show up in the android market on this phone!

That, and the fact that both my parents work on computers (one with programming other with hardware and other stuff concerning the inside, outside, operating of, and how the system is built and what it is capable of doing and running) and themyself

91. Myles says:

That, and the fact that both my parents work on computers (one with programming other with hardware and other stuff concerning the inside, outside, operating of, and how the system is built and what it is capable of doing and running) and the fact that I, myself, have been around computers taking them apart, putting them together, figuring out what does and doesn’t work in certain age/year/model computers and have been asked to help fix friends, family, and sometimes even school computers and other electronics since I was around 5 years old, or even younger, and still do now, and am, more often than not, very successful at finding, solving, and fixing the problem inside, outside, and/or with operating the system/computer, and/or other electrical device/appliance…. This all just goes to show and prove that I for sure know my stuff and what I am talking about very very well, 100%!

Please solve this problem with no Adobe Flash Player (10.1 or newer) being available in the Android Market on the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V as soon as possible, Thanks!

Carrier: Virgin Mobile
    Manufacture: LG
    Phone: Optimus V
    Model: VM670
    Android Version: 2.2.1

92. phil says:

if flasher player workes we could do my home work and watch you tube and other stufe please take this ad vice

93. phil says:

i will beable to do my homework

94. pradyun says:

make a launch for other OS like symbian, Ios etc atleast for symbian if not others

95. Heather says:

I personally am ticked off, to where I can’t see straight! First I’m peeved at T-Mobile, for allowing me to spend a lot of money that isn’t flash player enhanced when I specifically asked and was lied too! Second I can’t believe we can walk on the moon, transplant hearts, develop babies in a petri dish, but you can’t develop an app with flash player for a My touch 3g, this is annoying and a shame, I wish I knew how to make apps I would work my a– off to make one for everybody, but for now I’ll stick to being a nurse and inserting caths &iv’s.

96. Gaurav says:

Adobe flash player is the best flash player

97. Gaurav says:

Adobe is the best flash plyaer

98. rhey says:

when will flash be available for LG OPTIMUS ONE.

99. Woody_ch says:

Again I got told to go to adobe.com do download the security fixes for adobe flash player. The site wants me to download the version for x86, but I run Linux on an armv71 (maemo 5/N900). When will adobe release the security fixes for that platform and also release a stable and supported Flash 10 player? The one used in the demo is just not stable so I reverted backto the original nokia provided Flash 9. Hey Guys @Adobe, you built it, so it can’t be that hard to also cross compile it for all platforms you initialy supported with Flahs 9.

• Emmy Huang says:

Nokia is a partner through the Open Screen Project, and provides the port for Flash Player for their devices.

100. Elisa Bray says:

I have droid incredible. I can’t get the flas player to open and says not available on my device. What the @#$%

101. rojan chand says:

what shall i do to get it?

102. Lenora scott says:

I hope I get some kind of flash play on my phone or adobe flash player plugin

103. @rm 6 says:

are not u good enough to make flash for arm 6 ?

104. well it’s really a great work done by adobe team that they have finally released mobile version of flash player but they should not forget that beside android OS there are OS is available,so why there is no support for symbian^3 devices.can you explain and if there is any link where i can actually download the software please let met know.thanks