by Julieanne Kost

Comments (9)

Created

October 14, 2010

Photoshop can open .mov files so if needed, convert your audio to .mov. Then, make sure that you have the Audio Playback option enabled by clicking the small icon that looks like a speaker on the Animation (Timeline) panel to listen to the audio. Drag to reposition the in and outpoints if needed and render (File > Export > Render Video) as a QT movie to maintain the audio layer (all other formats will delete it).

COMMENTS

• By erin - 2:24 PM on March 29, 2011

I’m using CS4, and don’t see a the speaker icon in the Animation timeline.

• By Julieanne Kost - 2:31 PM on March 29, 2011

If I remember correctly, you can hold down the option (Mac) / alt (Win) key when playing the animation to hear the audio (but I no longer have PSCS4 Extended installed to test it).

• By dave - 5:31 PM on February 16, 2013

Bull**it that I have to go apple for sound. Fail.

• By Julieanne Kost - 10:33 PM on February 19, 2013

This post is from PSCS 5. If you have PSCS6, we have added the ability to export to audio and video to H.264.

• By Alyssa - 12:01 AM on February 26, 2013

Whenever I try to import the .mov audio, it just says that the file type is not recognized.

• By Richard Douglas - 5:33 AM on March 7, 2013

I can open .MTS files in PS but no audio track appears in the timeline. How canI edit audio?

• By turgle - 8:27 AM on May 25, 2013

How do i convert the audio to .mov? I’m also using a windows and photoshop cs5 will it still work?

• By Marcus - 4:43 PM on August 29, 2013

I am using Photoshop CS4. I am trying to make an animation along with audio. I converted the mp3 to a movie file using adobe premier. Now when i drag the song layer onto a blank new page, and try to play the audio, it only plays back 10 seconds and loops. The song is around 3-4 minutes long and it only catches 10 seconds of it before it loops. Is there a answer to this? Please help.